Author Topic: Irrational Hate & Call of Duty Infinite Warfare  (Read 1868 times)

gf78

Re: Irrational Hate & Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 09:00:00 am »
is it just me or has the forum in general developed a Bias against against Xbox?

Well, I've never pulled any punches and neither has Soera from my knowledge.  I don't like Microsoft as a company because of the bone-headed crap they pull.  The best thing they ever did was the original Xbox and they pulled the plug in 48 months/4 years.  They did this to beat Sony to market with their next system.   Then, they full-well knew the 360 was a poorly engineered POS and released it anyway.  The failure rates were beyond unacceptable and it was only after three years that they finally made it right when the threat of class action lawsuits and government probes into it were becoming a possibility.  By that point, sure they had to shell out three billion.  But how much did they make fucking everyone over for those three years?  How many people bought multiple units because of failures?  Because let's be honest:  If you have a library of games, an online ID and GamerScore and all your friends are playing, what are you going to do?  Just say screw it and throw in the towel?  Or bite the bullet and buy another system to keep gaming?  People making excuses for them by saying they made the RRoD right...would they say the used car salesman that sold them a piece of shit that broke down in 3 months "made it right" when after three years in court, they finally got reimbursed?  No, they'd be pissed off that they got fucked over and it took that long to get their money. 

Then Microsoft has the audacity to try to force everyone to use Kinect whether they like it or not.  They cancel anything besides Halo/Fable/Gears/Forza and make everything else a Kinect title.  And then they try their schemes with the Xbox One.  Again, they didn't act like good guys and make it right for the benefit of their customers.  They stirred up a shitstorm and knew they were fucked.   That's the only reason they changed course. 

Well, they aren't getting another chance to screw me over.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 11:50:06 am »
Well, I've never pulled any punches and neither has Soera from my knowledge.  I don't like Microsoft as a company because of the bone-headed crap they pull.  The best thing they ever did was the original Xbox and they pulled the plug in 48 months/4 years.  They did this to beat Sony to market with their next system.   Then, they full-well knew the 360 was a poorly engineered POS and released it anyway.  The failure rates were beyond unacceptable and it was only after three years that they finally made it right when the threat of class action lawsuits and government probes into it were becoming a possibility.  By that point, sure they had to shell out three billion.  But how much did they make fucking everyone over for those three years?  How many people bought multiple units because of failures?  Because let's be honest:  If you have a library of games, an online ID and GamerScore and all your friends are playing, what are you going to do?  Just say screw it and throw in the towel?  Or bite the bullet and buy another system to keep gaming?  People making excuses for them by saying they made the RRoD right...would they say the used car salesman that sold them a piece of shit that broke down in 3 months "made it right" when after three years in court, they finally got reimbursed?  No, they'd be pissed off that they got fucked over and it took that long to get their money. 

Then Microsoft has the audacity to try to force everyone to use Kinect whether they like it or not.  They cancel anything besides Halo/Fable/Gears/Forza and make everything else a Kinect title.  And then they try their schemes with the Xbox One.  Again, they didn't act like good guys and make it right for the benefit of their customers.  They stirred up a shitstorm and knew they were fucked.   That's the only reason they changed course. 

The original Xbox wasn't that nicely built either. My launch system took a crap so I bought a replacement system which has also started acting the fool.  >:(

I worked at GS when the XB360 launched and that was a straight up nightmare to deal with from the botched and shorted launch to the constant RRoD problems. Since I was still feeling burned from having to replace my OG Xbox and seeing all of these issues with customers' systems; I waited it out to buy a XB360. I waited and waited and waited and waited and finally didn't get my own XB360 until just before the XBONE was announced.  :P

I just recently picked up a XBONE so we'll see how that one goes. One thing I've been doing is when there's a game I want and it's been released on both systems, I will always option for the PlayStation release. I started this stance towards the end of the PS2/XBOX cycle and have continued it ever since. My XB360 library is roughly a 1/3 the size of my PS3 one and I can only imagine the disparity will be similar with PS4/XBONE game purchases.  ;)

Anyway, back on topic...I don't see it happening but I wouldn't be as bothered if COD was an every other year release instead of yearly. I really wouldn't mind that for all of the current yearly franchises really...not just Activision's releases but EA's and Ubisoft's as well. I know it's foolish to expect them to dial back on yearly sports releases but I'd just as soon not have an A-Creed or Battlefield game every single year. Of course it won't happen so even if there are games I want to play like the A-Creed series, they are so far on the back burner that I'll eventually pick them up down line, used, and for pennies.  ;)

soera

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 11:51:48 am »
is it just me or has the forum in general developed a Bias against against Xbox?

Yeah, I dont think I could have summed this up any better.