Author Topic: Videonics Video Title Maker 2000  (Read 1924 times)

realpoketendonl

Videonics Video Title Maker 2000
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:52:37 am »
Since I'm not sure (and in all honesty, don't think) that this is really gaming-related, I decided to put it here.
I was at a dump store today, and I saw this. I had no clue what it is, but it looked like a ZX Spectrum or something. I quickly took a picture of it (sorry for the blurry quality, I had to do it fast) to look it up before deciding on buying it.

From what I've gathered, it's some kind of video editing tool, but that's pretty much all I know. Maybe somebody here can tell me something about it? They;re selling it for €6,50, and I believe that's above the average price. If it's just a video editing tool, then I'm not interested in it anyway, but who knows. Has anyone ever seen this before?
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

tripredacus

Re: Videonics Video Title Maker 2000
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 09:32:46 am »
It would appear that it is something that can add text overlays to video. It has a video in and out connector. Here is a demo on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbiXoZP0js

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:17:15 am »
Sharp made a Famicom / Titler. They're super uncommon.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:13:38 pm »
It's just an ancient "prosumer" video editing tool. I had a Videonics system years ago and only used it once before hopping over to non-linear editing on the computer. Even the free editing programs included with most operating systems will yield better results with less frustration now. Back before computers could do video editing it was a neat device that could yield semi-professional results without dumping $100k on an editing suite. Now it's just a neat looking paperweight.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 09:19:25 am »
Now it's just a neat looking paperweight.

Well that's not true. Just because there are other ways to do something doesn't mean the thing is useless now.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »
I guess if you don't value your time at all then it's perfectly useful.