Author Topic: Pokemon go  (Read 15822 times)

telly

Re: Pokemon go
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2016, 08:59:13 am »
Is it just me or does the gym mechanic in this game seem kind of disappointing? I try to load up my Vaporeon into a gym but in like 2 hours it already gets kicked out by someone else!  :(

I need more egg incubators!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2016, 09:02:29 am »
My wife and I went to a comic book store, beat the gym, put in our 2 pokemon, and headed back to the car.

Before we could get back to the car someone had already retaken the gym.

telly

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:34 am »
My wife and I went to a comic book store, beat the gym, put in our 2 pokemon, and headed back to the car.

It's really frustrating, the best you can do is throw up a Pokemon and hope someone doesn't cherrypick you. You don't really have any input into what happens.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:39 am »

It's really frustrating, the best you can do is throw up a Pokemon and hope someone doesn't cherrypick you. You don't really have any input into what happens.
A lot of times there are people who will sit at a gym all day to make sure they keep it.  And then a lot of times folks will take the gym using a really high CP, but they will leave a moderately high CP pokemon.  That way if you beat their pokemon in the gym, they have a pokemon that's even stronger to take it back.

tripredacus

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2016, 10:06:53 am »
The gyms make sense, there are a ton of people playing. What seems backwards is how you claim your coins for being in a gym. You put your pokemon in the gym, then go to the store and you get your 10 coins. BUT, if you put your pokemon in a gym... wait 5 minutes until it is defeated, then go to the store, you get 0 coins. This seems backwards. You'd figure you would get rewarded for keeping a pokemon in a gym, not for doing a driveby on them.

When you fight for a gym, you can't put in pokemon that are hurt. So if you use your top CP guy, he will be hurt after you empty a gym, so you put in a different one. It is better this way, because people pounce on empty gyms. You won't have a chance if you exist to heal your pokemon, then try to get back in. The only time I recommend this is if you are taking gyms with another on your team, so they can enter the gym when it becomes white.

rayne315

« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2016, 11:55:51 am »
geez ive gotten good at catching drowzee's I have gotten 4 excellent throws in a row on them, probably because out of the 580 pokemon I caught 160 of them are drowzee's its an infestation over here.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tripredacus

« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:20 pm »
Heh GradeAUnderA did a Pokemon Go video where he did the math and figured that Rattata, Pidgey and Weedle were 60% of the pokemon he caught. I'll believe it.

Strangely, my highest damage Pokemon is a Radicate. He does 120 on the charge up attack.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »
I got banned. Lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2016, 08:38:58 am »

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2016, 10:53:02 am »
After a brief infatuation when GO first came out, I've officially retired. It was mostly the huge missteps that Niantic made regarding the Pokemon tracking system that they have made some attempts to rectify recently, but overall it is too little, too late. It was fun while it lasted, but I'll probably uninstall the app soon.

rayne315

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2016, 11:50:36 am »
I got banned. Lol
Haha, what did you do?

Im guessing you either downloaded the game on an unsupported device. got bored and decided to spoof your location for the lulz. or are in an area that you just out level sniveling little kids who decided to submit your name as a hacker... one of my coworkers also got banned and she never spoofed locations but no-lifed it hard and got to level 33 or 34 and people reported her.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tripredacus

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2016, 12:00:15 pm »
Spawn rates seem to be down lately. A place I go to 1-2 times a week, where I can get maybe 50 in an hour only had about 20 yesterday.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2016, 12:23:05 pm »
I got banned. Lol
Haha, what did you do?

Im guessing you either downloaded the game on an unsupported device. got bored and decided to spoof your location for the lulz. or are in an area that you just out level sniveling little kids who decided to submit your name as a hacker... one of my coworkers also got banned and she never spoofed locations but no-lifed it hard and got to level 33 or 34 and people reported her.

i played honest for the first 2 weeks or so, and pretty much caught all the local stuff, and i dont have the best data plan, so i discovered the program "Nox" which allows you to spoof gps, and even allows you to walk around. so then i started to use that.... well i finally got really bored and caught most things, i started to snipe, just to finish my pokedex. My goal was to catch all of gen 1, i caught all of gen 1 (besides the ones that arent in game yet). since gen 1 is pretty much the only ones i know. So i am not mad or surprised they got me.

I might protest it, but we will see haha.

I did visit chernobyl, hoping to see like muks and koffings, but didint have much.

I was too scared to drop into area 51 lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2016, 12:32:44 pm »
Spawn rates seem to be down lately. A place I go to 1-2 times a week, where I can get maybe 50 in an hour only had about 20 yesterday.

yeah the spawning at my work is also taking a dive. also for the past few days I keep on getting soft banned (I assume from poor gps and constantly seeing my character teleport around) so some times for 5-10 mins all pokemon will drop off the tracker and none will show up when I walk around.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2016, 03:54:07 pm »
the new appraisal system is very interesting. I knew I had a 100% IV vulpix but now with the ease of use I have found I have 4 other pokemon that are 100% in all the IV's, Ivysaur, Ponyta, Weedle, and Tauros have been added to my perfect team. the 4 noted were too low of level for me to check before and I would have trashed them on my next perge without this.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:58:32 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully