Author Topic: Do you have any memories of discovering a video game abroad?  (Read 1041 times)

dreama1

Do you have any memories of discovering a video game abroad?
« on: August 04, 2016, 03:58:11 pm »
Do you have any memories of discovering a video game abroad when you were on holiday or something? Such as at a arcade? And maybe not knowing what it was until years later or not at all?

Re: Do you have any memories of discovering a video game abroad?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:40:56 pm »
When you say abroad, do you mean in a foreign country?

I've never left the country, and even when I leave the state, let alone the city, I never go to arcades or game places.  Even as a collector.  I wish I had the few times I drove cross country, but I think that would've required a lot of planning to pull off.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:45:58 pm »
When you say abroad, do you mean in a foreign country?

I've never left the country, and even when I leave the state, let alone the city, I never go to arcades or game places.  Even as a collector.  I wish I had the few times I drove cross country, but I think that would've required a lot of planning to pull off.
Yes. Ah, I got to witness the arcade scene in the 90s in asia. I'm happy I got to see just a tiny tiny glimpse.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:16:04 pm »
Yes, every time I've gone to Japan and visit the arcades there I have encountered games that I never get to see here. It's what got me into Arcade scene. I now own a Taito Vewlix.

Many of the Gundam Cabs they have there are very interesting and elaborate. One game that finally came west was Dengenki Bunko's Fighting Climax. Also got to play some of the BlazBlue games before they ever saw a release here, on the official cabs.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:49:13 pm »
Actually I was unaware there was Mario Kart arcade cabinet until I came across on a vacation one year.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 08:39:09 am »
When we visited Niagra Falls -YEARS- ago, that was the first time I saw a Samurai Showdown II cabinet. That was fun, even though I mistakenly selected to use Genjuro.