Author Topic: What console do you collect the most for?  (Read 3067 times)

Re: What console do you collect the most for?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 06:57:44 pm »
I tend to jump to whatever console im more into at the time, i do however tend to seek out Gamecube and ps3 titles more often than others generally speaking. :)

telly

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 08:32:52 pm »
I jump around all the time, but it would probably be PS2 for me. I've been trying to get some more GameCube and DS titles as well.
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

realpoketendonl

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »
I mainly collect for DS and especially Wii, since those are the consoles I grew up with and I'd love to expand my library for those. I also really like collecting PC CD-ROMs, but that's because I can often get tons of those for free (recently got another box filled with about 20 old pc games - for free! (games for little kids, but still)). As for other platforms (like PS3 and actually valuable PC games), I only tend to get something if I really want it.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:03 pm »
PS2 and PS3 are the most common for me, but I will collect pretty much anything that sounds fun or interesting. I'd love to have more SNES games, but it can get expensive because I prefer to have boxed copies.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

brazbit

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:01 am »
I focus on Atari 2600 and Lynx. The SNES and the Super Famicom are mostly my wife getting into gaming. The rest are all purchases of opportunity or relics from days of long ago, from uncharted regions of my childhood, comes a legend. The legend of Zelda....

I would love to collect for the Jag. We bought one around 1998-99 when Kaybee Toys was blowing them out for like $25 and $5 a game but it is far from a budget system to collect for right now. I'm going to have to wait this one out. I'm still kicking myself for not talking my wife into a Jag CD back when they were $15 but the system was just filler until we could afford something else as we had no systems of our own after getting married so $15 was a bit much to ask when I could get three or four cartridges for the same price (It might have been buy three get one free.)

tripredacus

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 10:44:40 am »
Sega Genesis and PC.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 11:16:27 am »
N-Gage...

Seriously though, I love my NES collection.  I've had a blast getting Master System stuff. 

Most of my stuff is from the late 80's and early 90's.  It's my jam.  NES, SMS, SNES, Virtual Boy, N64, (some) Genesis. 

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 03:03:18 pm »
PS2, easy. It was my teenage years console and I loved so many games for it. It is so cheap right now in comparison to many other consoles and the library has a million games I have never even heard about. Love that system to death.

argyle

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 03:17:20 pm »
PS3 is the main one for me right now, mainly because the titles are currently cheap & easy to find. For those of us that don't have awesome mom & pop stores or decent flea markets in the area, Gamestop has been slashing the prices on PS3 games and I reguarly check the cheap bins at my local stores for complete games I don't have.

I would be picking up more for the PS2 but again, it's hard to find anything not semi-current (aka anything GS doesn't carry) in my area. Gonna be taking a trip or possibly 2 next month, so maybe I'll have some good finds then.

Oh, and I'm 7 games (and 2 insert replacements) away from completing my PS3 RPG collection. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

aliensstudios

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 12:54:18 pm »
Wii U, PS4 and SNES for me at the moment
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:27 pm »
GameCube is the system I currently have the most games for right now. I am not really focusing on one system right now, going back and forth depending on what deals I find or what shows up at a local video game store here.

necrosexual

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »
ps3 right now. it's a matter of time before it's phased out at gamestop, so right now is a prime time to nab up as much shit as possible for it on the relative cheap while you can still look at and examine the box art and for manuals and scruffs on packaging and NOT land in a spot where you get a bunch of shit-tier red-label greatest hits versions without being told that's what you're getting

so i'll stick to ps3 and maybe 360 soonish (preemptively) so i don't watch prices soar up on shit that was $10 at gamestop then got phased out and is running up in price.
i'm kicking myself 5 years later for not doing this with gamecube. esp when baiten kaitos 1 and 2 was $5 at gamestop AND i had PUR AND i had employee discount. fuck. picked that shit up 10 times and kept putting it back down and now they go for like $20 iirc.

so yea i'm going to continue to push for ps3 until it's phased out. then i'll probably pull back to ps2 and original xbox for a while until the ps4/3ds/vita is cheap as shit there, then do it all over again.

that said, i'm an employee again ayyyyy. so i'll be enjoying those 20% offs again starting yesterday ;'D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:53:19 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.