Author Topic: What is your dream vacation?  (Read 1115 times)

What is your dream vacation?
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:31:57 pm »
Mine is Tokyo.  :D

Re: What is your dream vacation?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 05:35:34 pm »
Basically the same for me.  I'd actually say I'd like to go for a week or two, hit Tokyo, and then travel to some smaller places and locations around by train to see the countryside and everything.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:41:43 am »
A year in Japan. Tokyo, Kyoto, Shibuya, Akiharabara, Okinawa...the list goes on. There is so much there aside from awesome video games that I want to experience.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 11:25:51 am »
Japan in general, not just Tokyo to check everything out, but also to go visit the more traditional areas.

Canada, I really don't know why other than I've always wanted to go to Canada.

I'd love to take a month or so and just drive around the US, see the sights, enjoy the food, probably buy video games.

gf78

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 11:40:42 am »
Mine is rather "pedestrian" but I would say going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks would be my dream vacation.

As for Akihabra and Japan in general, I would love to go there.  Unfortunately I couldn't call it a vacation because I would be mentally & physically drained taking in the sights and exploring the shopping districts!   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 08:01:49 pm »
Me and my wife are planning a trip to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary next year. That's pretty much my dream vacation.

sithsylar

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 02:01:44 am »
For me it would have to be Japan.  Not sure if i will ever go tho due to social anxiety and the like.  My Vacation i mainly go to is the sunshine coast in Australia.   I love booking a high rise and hearing the ocean and just relaxing.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 01:19:14 pm »
Mine is rather "pedestrian" but I would say going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks would be my dream vacation.

As for Akihabra and Japan in general, I would love to go there.  Unfortunately I couldn't call it a vacation because I would be mentally & physically drained taking in the sights and exploring the shopping districts!   :P

Nothing wrong with Hawaii. If you ever go to Oahu, Hanauma Bay is a spectacular sight and snorkeling there is amazing. You are in the ocean swimming in the crater of a dead volcano.

Also hike up to Manoa Falls. It's Jurassic park level rain forest (the restaurant at the bottom is terrible though.)

As far as restaurants go check out Franky Fresh it's an 80/90's style burger joint with an SNES and games you can play while you wait.

I did a video review here:
http://youtu.be/UW3BC9L0_14

Also good on that island is Peal Harbor. You can take an individual audio tour narrated by Jaimie Lee Curtis and the aviation museum is nice.

There's horse rides on the beach at sunset.

The Polynesian Cultural Center is also a good way to spend a day. It's basically a Polynesian theme park. To get the full impact make sure to get tickets that include the fireshow "Ha Breath of Life". Also if you go on your birthday and attend the luau they dedicate a portion of it to you and bring you on stage.

If you want a good place to stay Turtle Bay Resort is on the opposite side of the island but is 5 star.

Wakiki will be temping with its cheap hotels and close proximity to stuff but it's like the West Philly of Hawaii.

This is all easily doable for 3 people in 6 days for under $5,000 including plane tickets from the US.

Guess you all know my dream vacation now. It was last year. :)