Author Topic: Leaving Collecting (for now)  (Read 3463 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Leaving Collecting (for now)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 03:07:06 pm »
Can def relate. Not actively game collecting anymore either, for various reasons. Although I am hitting a few cons this year. That's about it. Not following current games anymore... not sure if it's temporary or what.

Happy house hunting anyway, and enjoy the games you have!

sin2beta

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »
I slowed down myself when buying a place and paying off debt. The cool thing is that you may come out with more disposable income than you had before. My mortgage is cheaper than my previous rent. It's also essentially rent control when thinking of just a month to month expense (even better thinking long term). You may be able to come back to collecting stronger than ever once the desire and means return.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

gf78

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 01:31:13 pm »
I'm actually going to be following Bikingjahuty's example on my "collecting."  I will of course be playing and there are several "upcoming" games that I already have preordered.  But I need a break from hunting the oldies down.  I've found all but a handful of the Xbox & 360 games that I wanted.  I have all the 'bone games I wanted up until now.

Of course, I will continue with my Star Wars collecting in a more limited fashion.  I'm not and haven't been actively seeking older merchandise.  But I just ordered the new novel Aftermath:  Life Debt, I'm buying all the monthly comics and I have a subscription to the Star Wars Insider magazine and the Smuggler's Bounty (think Loot Crate but exclusively Star Wars).  I also buy the Previews exclusive covers for SW Insider and have been ordering the "Best of Star Wars Insider" compendiums.  Star Wars Rebels season 2 will be out on Blu-Ray next month and there are upcoming books for Rogue One.  And I have ordered (and hopefully will receive) the Bradford Exchange Darth Vader stein - the first in a new series!

And then....I'm sure Disney will release some new Elite series die cast figures.  And Bandai's Movie Realization line that look like Samurai?  Geez...I just saw the new Crimson Guard and I almost squealed! 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 10:23:19 pm »
Thank you all for the encouraging words. So far, about a week in, I'm realizing how hard this is going to be. I will admit that I slipped and bought about $20 in games I didn't necessarily need, but since I have avoided buying about half a dozen things I probably would have bought without a second thought a few weeks ago. It definitely makes me realize how conditioned, and even somewhat addicted to collecting I've become. As I said, I'm not opposed to buying a couple of games a month, but the intake I've been used to (probably 15-games on average per month) has to stop if I'm going to move forward in life. I feel like it's getting easier to resist buying games, but it is still going to take some work.

kashell

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 05:44:33 pm »
Where did you buy them? If you went to a store, you could always take alternate routes, speed past them, etc. Just say no!