Author Topic: Is Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi good? Which one is the best one?  (Read 681 times)

Is 3 much better than the other 2? It is a lot more pricey.  Or should I get the DBZ trilogy instead. DBZ trilogy doesn't have 3 at all. I don't want to miss out on the best experience.  :D.  If 3 is much better I would most likely rather jump into that one and get the other 2 later. Do they tie in to eachother with any plot?

Also, what does DBZ Budokai play like? Is it almost like Tekken?  Thank you :)

Re: Is Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi good? Which one is the best one?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 04:40:26 pm »
I think it's one of those, which is the best Street Fighter, they are all different.  But I'd say just go play Xenoverse.

I think the whole thing with 3 is that it has the most playable characters.

Also, there is no Tenkaichi Trilogy.  There is a Budokai collection (which is Budokai 1 and 3).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:43:07 pm by ignition365 »

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:42:14 pm »
I have nearly completed Budokai 2, but Budokai 3 is kind of lacking. I think it is the same complaint I have when I compare SoulCalibur II and SoulCalibur III. The story mode in 2 I found to be worth going through, replay and grinding to unlock stuff. In the third game, it wasn't quite the same experience that I liked.

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is probably the best, because of the amount of characters, and it seem to have a pretty good fighting system ( PS2 is perfered, only get the Wii if you want online).
Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is also pretty good as well, most of the newer DBZ fighting games have been hit or miss, but there's some good reviews of Xenoverse.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:38:21 pm »
If we are talking Tenkaichi, I prefer 2, myself.

But the series overall?  Budokai 3, hands down.