Author Topic: Halo, Mass Effect or Borderlands?  (Read 929 times)

Halo, Mass Effect or Borderlands?
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »
Which series do you like best?  :D

maximo310

Re: Halo, Mass Effect or Borderlands?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 10:36:47 pm »
Edit: I can't see borders.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:18:56 pm by maximo310 »

azure

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:37:46 pm »
Did you really need a og "doge" pic; it doesn't really add anything to the  posted topic.

I believe that's in his signature.

Topic: From the 3 I would have to pick Halo, because I haven't played the others.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:39:39 pm by azure »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:21:58 am »
Did you really need a og "doge" pic; it doesn't really add anything to the  posted topic.

Topic: From the 3 I would have to pick Halo, because I haven't played the others.

Give Borderlands a go.  It's beyond fun.

azure

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:23:16 am »

I like the art style, and the gameplay looks fine. I probably will down the line.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:28:26 am »

I like the art style, and the gameplay looks fine. I probably will down the line.

Borderlands 1&2 are great.  The Pre-Sequel, it's a step back.  It should have just been and expansion for Borderlands 2

gf78

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:53:25 am »
In this order:

Halo
Mass Effect
Borderlands

Halo:  I fell in love with this series when I first played it at a kiosk in the South County Mall's GameStop right around the launch of the Xbox.  It was the reason I bought an Xbox along with Dead or Alive 3 and Oddworld Munch's Oddysee.  I nearly creamed my jeans (figuratively) at the E3 announcement for Halo 2 with it's jaw-dropping graphics.  I bought an Xbox 360 for Halo 3 and Halo the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 Guardians were the first two games I bought for the Xbox One when my wife won the system.  It has consistently been a series at the top of my must-play list, to the detriment of finishing other games.  First, because I just kept going back and replaying some of my favorite sections (the Silent Cartographer in Combat Evolved is a perennial favorite of mine), then when I finally got high speed internet where I live in the boonies after Reach launched, I just kept playing multiplayer matches because it felt.  Just.  Right. 

Mass Effect:  One of the greatest sci-fi epics of all time, across any format whether games, music, movies, books or whatever.  This series truly made me care about the characters in my team and I genuinely felt a sense of loss when somebody died or even just left because of differences.  I don't usually take to internet protesting and in fact, have only done so twice.  Once was on Major Nelson's blog to protest the boneheaded decisions Don Mattrick made with the Xbox One (hence why I refused to buy one and only own it because my wife won it) and the other was to join the "Retake Mass Effect" movement because the developers took a big shit all over their fan's faces with the crappy way they ended it  That's how much I love this series.

Borderlands:  I have a love/hate relationship with this series.  I love the art direction.  I love the humor.  I love the plethora of weapons.  But after the first game, the second just never clicked with me the same way.  And I hate Randy Pitchford - the ass in charge who fucked us over with Aliens Colonial Marines.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us