Author Topic: Do you think gaming should be defined as an addiction?  (Read 5064 times)

kashell

indenton

Re: Do you think gaming should be defined as an addiction?
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 12:04:01 am »
woah hey there.
senran kagura helped me out too, to some degree. particularly, murakumo. i related to her a lot. felt a lot less alone. tho i don't wear a mask, haha, just long sleeves... all year. even in summer. it's a safe guard, i suppose.
not so much my sexuality (i'm not straight) but it helps that it was one of those games in the time period when i was coming to terms with liking cute things... that said, persona 4 golden did a lot more. kanji is a fantastic character, and his story forced my hand when i was deep in depression (before coming out as transsexual). to be clear, i had used both "but i like [feminine] things" and "but i like men..." as a justification for why i wasn't able to be a trans guy... but ayy here i am, 7 months on testosterone (and taking a break because it's a controlled substance and i can't pay the medical bills to get more blood tests... i'm not pleased, to say the least). but senran kagura still has a soft place in my heart. i was playing that and p4g around that time.

LOOK AT DAT CLEAVER!  Mirai is my character of choice, she has several aspects about her that I can relate to.  Despite being 21 years of age, I'm a measly 5 ft 4 inches tall and occasionally get judged by that height, it doesn't do much good for your self-esteem, it also makes me feel unattractive.  In Mirai's case this is expressed not only through her height but, of course her breast size relative to her comrades.  I also hate being ignored, I always put my best foot forward, speaking politely and showing good manners, is it some much to expect basic human acknowledgement of your mere existence. Umbrella Tommy Gun, you can't go wrong. 

YES! I love derailing the thread
Again, I was making a joke.

Indeed you were, I think we're all against this thing.  Now it looks like it's time to say goodbye

necrosexual

Re: Do you think gaming should be defined as an addiction?
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 12:32:35 am »
woah hey there.
senran kagura helped me out too, to some degree. particularly, murakumo. i related to her a lot. felt a lot less alone. tho i don't wear a mask, haha, just long sleeves... all year. even in summer. it's a safe guard, i suppose.
not so much my sexuality (i'm not straight) but it helps that it was one of those games in the time period when i was coming to terms with liking cute things... that said, persona 4 golden did a lot more. kanji is a fantastic character, and his story forced my hand when i was deep in depression (before coming out as transsexual). to be clear, i had used both "but i like [feminine] things" and "but i like men..." as a justification for why i wasn't able to be a trans guy... but ayy here i am, 7 months on testosterone (and taking a break because it's a controlled substance and i can't pay the medical bills to get more blood tests... i'm not pleased, to say the least). but senran kagura still has a soft place in my heart. i was playing that and p4g around that time.

LOOK AT DAT CLEAVER!  Mirai is my character of choice, she has several aspects about her that I can relate to.  Despite being 21 years of age, I'm a measly 5 ft 4 inches tall and occasionally get judged by that height, it doesn't do much good for your self-esteem, it also makes me feel unattractive.  In Mirai's case this is expressed not only through her height but, of course her breast size relative to her comrades.  I also hate being ignored, I always put my best foot forward, speaking politely and showing good manners, is it some much to expect basic human acknowledgement of your mere existence. Umbrella Tommy Gun, you can't go wrong. 

YES! I love derailing the thread
Again, I was making a joke.

Indeed you were, I think we're all against this thing.  Now it looks like it's time to say goodbye

if it helps, i'm also 5'4" but with a pathetically femme face. i get ma'amed and shit literally all the time. i want long hair, but i'm probably going to have to cut it for the 'she/her/ma'am' shit to stop. i'm 23.

i look 12.
not to make a pity party or a 'it could be worse!' out of this, but i know them feels too much.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.