Author Topic: Favorite Videogame Intros?  (Read 3499 times)

realpoketendonl

Re: Favorite Videogame Intros?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:35:33 am »
One of my personal favourites will always be the intro to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. When I got this game as a kid, I already was a pretty big Nintendo fanboy. I never heard of Smash at that point until my dad got it for me. And to then see that intro, with all those characters all looking so cool,with that music, in one of the best-looking games I had ever seen at that point, it really made a huge impression on me.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

pizzasafari

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 03:41:27 pm »
I could literally spend all day listing game intros but I'll do my best to whittle it down to a few favourites. No more than one for a series. Goddamn this'll be hard.

Nearly any of Tales' openings can go here, I have no idea which is my favourite so I went with Abyss because why not.

I'm going to stop now before I fill up the entire site. If we could use spoiler tags there would probably be ten times this many.
Edit: Sod it, there are other openings I love too much to leave out so I'll just link them so they don't take up space. Mostly from the same serieseses as above.

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call/Nocturne   Persona (PS1)  (PSP)   Persona 2: Innocent Sin  Persona 3 / FES   Persona 4  Arena  Ultimax  Golden  Dancing All Night
Tales of Vesperia   Graces   Xillia   Xillia 2
(That was the least horrible upload of the English Vesperia opening I could find)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift / Continuum Shift II   Chrono Phantasma
Zone of the Enders  /  2 (That hasn't been extended, it really is that long)
Tekken 3
SUPERBEAT XONiC
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Parasite Eve
Dark Cloud
NIER (The start alone makes it awesome)
Silent Hill

I just really, really like openings. There's absolutely nothing like a well-made opening that tells you what you're about to get into and gets you pumped to play it.
Actually, forget that. Just put a really good song in it and I'll love it.
YEEAAHH.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:35:41 pm by LeJason »

Flashback2012

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 03:39:08 pm »
My answer always and forever :

This is hands down one of my all-time favorites. It really raised the bar for me in terms of gaming and made me an Ys fan for life.  ;D

Here's 10 favorites of mine in no particular order.  :)