Author Topic: Order by releaseDate / Export with releaseDate  (Read 692 times)

Order by releaseDate / Export with releaseDate
« on: September 15, 2016, 06:11:26 am »
I am trying to play through my collection by release date.
Is there a way to order your collection by date? So far I didn't find any setting and the CSV export doesn't have a release date column.

Re: Order by releaseDate / Export with releaseDate
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 07:49:17 am »
I am trying to play through my collection by release date.
Is there a way to order your collection by date? So far I didn't find any setting and the CSV export doesn't have a release date column.
I'll second the request to add release date... but... not all games have their release date marked.  Not just because some games don't have a definitively known release date, but because it just hasn't been entered.  But you could always assist in that ;)

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 08:34:36 am »
I thin being able to actually have some benefit from the releaseData field (like sorting, export) would motivate people more to fill it in.
Also as it is now you don't even know where the field is missing if you don't iterate over all the games.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:49:23 am »
I thin being able to actually have some benefit from the releaseData field (like sorting, export) would motivate people more to fill it in.
Also as it is now you don't even know where the field is missing if you don't iterate over all the games.
Well, no one person is going to go through and add the release date info to titles.  I know a lot of people won't bother with that because they don't care.  So it's up to the people who care to go and update that info.  But yes, I agree.

I don't believe this is a difficult addition to the export function, Matt did it before on a previous request of mine to add the VGC Id.

But once it is included, assuming it gets included, you'll be able to look through your collection and see what doesn't have release date data and you can go submit edits.