Author Topic: Have any game designers/game developers ever remade any of your favorite games  (Read 772 times)

lordscott

I chose this section because some game designers/game developers do remakes or re-released any of our favorite games on newer systems I.E Xbox 360,PS4,Xbox One,Nintendo WII & Nintendo WIIU,etc. etc. and don't worry i don't mind and include HD collections,HD remix and such and HD collections,HD remix are also 2 examples of what i mean if any of your favorite games ever does get remade.

So i was wondering Have any game designers/game developers ever remade any of your favorite games?

If you wish to tell us what game or what games then that's fine with me only if you want to and feel free to discuss it if you want to enjoy :).

indenton

Hideo Yoshizawa was the director of the original Klonoa, he also helped produce the Wii remake, it sold absolutely miserably in Japan.

We're never gonna see Klonoa again, are we?

aliensstudios

Hideo Yoshizawa was the director of the original Klonoa, he also helped produce the Wii remake, it sold absolutely miserably in Japan.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. : (
I don't know how plentiful Wii copies are in the PAL region, but here in the US I had trouble finding the game when it was newly released, now copies go for upwards of 60 dollars used. As for the original PlayStation title, good luck getting it complete for under 90 bucks.
Such an under appreciated series of games, here's to hoping Namco Bandai will give Klanoa one last shot in the upcoming years.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kashell

I don't know how plentiful Wii copies are in the PAL region, but here in the US I had trouble finding the game when it was newly released, now copies go for upwards of 60 dollars used. As for the original PlayStation title, good luck getting it complete for under 90 bucks.
Such an under appreciated series of games, here's to hoping Namco Bandai will give Klanoa one last shot in the upcoming years.

The Wii version shot up that much already?! That's nuts. I got my copy of it a few months ago. It's a real shame, because Klonoa is such an underrated series. I really like seeing all of his cameos in other Namco titles.

To answer the question, one example of a remake of a favorite game is Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. While it's an enhanced port and not a full-on remake, the fact that you can take the game with you AND the addition of the gorgeous FMVs make it a great experience.

sworddude

A few years ago klonoa Wii in europe was really easy to get for a max of 20 $ usually around 15 if available pretty hard to find though, however these days a wii pal copy goes for 45$ min upwards to 70$ the ps1 copy is 110 - 180 $ wich a few years ago was only 50$ at best. I'm pretty sure the US ps1 version has been on the 100$+ side for more than a few years.

Lucky me that I found both for nothing a few years back   8)

I must say though that I would have rather seen klonoa as a sony mascot than spyro or crash bandicoot, since Klonoa games are way more enjoyable + better looking character overall.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:30:14 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Speaking of the Wii, I thought the new Punch Out remake was really good. I've been hoping that it'll get the HD treatment one day.