Author Topic: Gold, original NES Controller  (Read 1789 times)

sworddude

Re: Gold, original NES Controller
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 04:54:48 am »
It was pretty obvious that it was a yellowed controller even you could have figured it out. Especially since in the bottom pictures and even around the edhes there are some grey spots.

If it truly were a gold controller you would not find any grey spots since i highly doubt they would have painted the controllers gold but made the plastic gold colour if it were a gold controller.

Also, that controller has definitly seen some better days and I'm not talking about the yellowing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:06:51 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 11:48:39 am »
Haha this is pure comedy gold...  ;D

I too thought OP was funstering by posting this but apparently it was a serious post. Oops!  :o

rayne315

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »
Yeah it's just yellowing from uv light. Most plastic used in electronics has bromine added as a flame retardant. The bromine reacts to the uv light, and voila! yellow consoles/controllers. If you're that concerned about it, Google retrobrite. It can be reversed, but it's quite the process and results vary.

im quoting this because it is the scientific answer.

I on the other hand also did not know nes controllers yellowed with age as I personally have NEVER seen one other than the on the OP posted. I will be sure to store my nes controllers now to avoid this reaction.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully