Author Topic: I like to ask your opinions about this about female characters  (Read 2273 times)

lordscott

I like to ask your opinions about this about female characters
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »
Do you think i should hide that i have favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga even though i have favorite male characters in gaming,anime & manga too as well?

I'm asking because well i admit that i find some of my favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga attractive,some of my favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga i love her personality too as well not just her looks,i admit she's a lot of fun to play as if i can play as her. And yes i also admit that some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is a badass/kickass and some of my other favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is not a badass/kickass it depends.

& don't worry i do play as male characters too as well including some of my favorite male characters in gaming,anime & manga another reason why I'm asking this some of the fellow guys might either make fun of me,tease me or think that I'm weird or some people might say to me pervert alert or pedophile alert when I'm not a pervert & I'm not a pedophile and if you don't mind me adding these side notes so you know.

Some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is either younger then me,same age as me or older then me,some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is a badass/kickass and some of my other favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is not a badass/kickass it depends. & to end it here no i don't compare my favorite characters to real life girls & women and no i don't think that my favorite characters is more attractive then real life girls & women I'm not that crazy unlike some people that does goes way way too far if you know what mean :).

& one more thing don't worry some posters/wallscrolls of her and other stuff(excluding cosplay clothes unless I'm brave enough to crossplay)of her will be part of my collection if i ever buy any & if i ever own any & if i choose to
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:50:24 am by lordscott »

dreama1

Re: I like to ask your opinions about this about female characters
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:27:05 pm »
Do you think i should hide that i have favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga even though i have favorite male characters in gaming,anime & manga too as well?

I'm asking because well i admit that i find some of my favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga attractive,some of my favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga i love her personality too as well not just her looks,i admit she's a lot of fun to play as if i can play as her. And yes i also admit that some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is a badass/kickass and some of my other favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is not a badass/kickass it depends.

& don't worry i do play as male characters too as well including some of my favorite male characters in gaming,anime & manga another reason why I'm asking this some of the fellow guys might either make fun of me,tease me or think that I'm weird or some people might say to me pervert alert or pedophile alert when I'm not a pervert & I'm not a pedophile and if you don't mind me adding these side notes so you know.

Some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is either younger then me,same age as me or older then me,some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is a badass/kickass and some of my other favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is not a badass/kickass it depends. & to end it here no i don't care compare my favorite characters to real life girls & women and no i don't think that my favorite characters is more attractive then real life girls & women I'm not that crazy unlike some people that does goes way way too far if you know what mean :).

& one more thing don't worry some posters/wallscrolls of her and other stuff(not cosplay clothes unless I'm brave enough to crossplay)of her will be part of my collection if i ever buy any & if i ever own any & if i choose to
Grow some balls dude. You like what you like.

lordscott

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »

Some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is either younger then me,same age as me or older then me,some of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is a badass/kickass and some of my other favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga is not a badass/kickass it depends. & to end it here no i don't care compare my favorite characters to real life girls & women and no i don't think that my favorite characters is more attractive then real life girls & women I'm not that crazy unlike some people that does goes way way too far if you know what mean :).

& one more thing don't worry some posters/wallscrolls of her and other stuff(not cosplay clothes unless I'm brave enough to crossplay)of her will be part of my collection if i ever buy any & if i ever own any & if i choose to
Grow some balls dude. You like what you like.

You don't need to be rude if that suppose to mean you acting or trying to be or sound rude I'm just wondering anyway thanks for your reply though :).

indenton

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:44 am »
The gender of a character (hell, people IRL) shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  I don't care about sexual orientation, ethnicity or religious belief, you can still be a heartless, soulless, pathetic, detestable prick of a person. 

Writers and game developers should be designing characters and personalities who happen to be X, Y & Z.  They shouldn't be designed as 'The Female' or 'The Homosexual' like they're checking of some dumbass checklist of stereotypes.  That's my view on this at least. 

One of my favourite VG characters happens to be much younger than me and of the opposite sex.  I connected with there personality and story more so than ANY other fictional character I've experienced.  Did their gender or age matter?  Not really no. 

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 04:50:27 am »
I guess I can kinda see where this is stemming from. There's a sizable number of people who view video game characters as extensions of themselves, and feel the need to identify with them. Unfortunately these people can also be quite judgmental when they see, let's say, a guy playing a female character. You know, the old "Why are you playing as a girl??"

Here's the thing though. It's okay to pick any character you want. Would it be reasonable for someone to say "Why are you watching Brave? The main character is a GIRL!" Of course not. You're not Merida, you're just watching her story inside her fictional world. If I'm playing Dragon's Crown and pick the Amazon to play as, I don't have to feel weird that I didn't choose one of the male characters. I thought that this outrageously burly and busty woman looked the most interesting to me, and I'd like to see this character go on a rampage adventure. She's not an extension of me, I'm just the guy with the controller who directs how the action plays out.

It's also perfectly acceptable to pick a character based solely on looks. It's like guys are being trained these days to feel bad or "offended" if a female character has unrealistic proportions or is "too sexy", but trust me when I say that women are often just as superficial. I've been around my wife and her friends long enough to hear tons of conversations about upcoming movies that have hot guys in it, or how good looking so-and-so actor is. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'd much rather they happily embrace that part of themselves than feel guilty somehow.

The bottom line is just as dreama1 said: You like what you like.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 05:35:13 am »
I love Yoko in Gurren Laggan, she's a badass and attractive to boot.  Revy in Black Lagoon is kind of a shit heel, but she's had a crazy life and lives in an insane and terrible town, so it's expected, but its awesome seeing her tear things up.  My favorite character in Overwatch is Zarya, followed by Reinhardt and Junkrat.  Getting to play as Zelda for the first time Hyrule Warriors was awesome and getting the new goofy fun character of Linkle was great.

Don't feel ashamed by what you like, it's all meant to be enjoyed by someone.  Some people just get way too easily annoyed by what someone else enjoys, that you liking something becomes their problem somehow.  Crossplay all you want, collect stuff all you want, enjoy what you want, it's supposed to be entertainment, it's supposed to be fun, so just have fun.

Just don't walk around with like dakimakura pillows in public...then people are gonna think you are a little weird.  There are some slight limitations to this lol

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:40:53 am »

Just don't walk around with like dakimakura pillows in public...then people are gonna think you are a little weird.  There are some slight limitations to this lol

Well well a veteran, whatever soothes your soul, go hug and release some more stuff on that pillow of yours man ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

realpoketendonl

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 06:46:57 am »
I don't see any reason to. People may give you weird looks, so what? That's their problem, isn't it? If you like that character, then you shouldn't be ashamed of that. Of course you shouldn't go full-on fanboy out of nowhere, but in general I don't see the issue. You like those characters, and they'll just have to accept that.
One of, if not my favourite video game character period is Bayonetta: A woman in skin-tight leather clothes constantly making sexual remarks whose clothes completely dissapear for her finishing moves. Of course some people have given me weird looks when I told them about her, but that's their problem. I love Bayonetta as a character, and I'm not afraid to hide it.

Hell, I once had someone calling her sexist and oversexualised, only to then start playing GTA V and throw virtual money at strippers himself. Often people just don't want to understand what certain things are or why we like them, so they just shrug them off as dumb. I have put myself above that, and I recommend you do that too. Sure they may tease you about it a little, but just because they're not able to understand why you like those characters, you shouldn't stop liking or try to hide that you like them. You do you man!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

kashell

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:00:42 am »
The majority of my favorite video game characters are female.

So, yeah:

You like what you like.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:32 pm »
A wise man once said...

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

thewelshman

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 12:57:09 pm »
A wise man once said...

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

Great quote. I wish I could like this...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 01:54:31 pm »
I'm not sexist, but I enjoy a male main-character more because I'm a male so I identify more with the main-character. Doesn't mean I won't play a female character, though. I've played plenty of games with female characters.

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 02:06:31 pm »
I don't see any reason to hide it. Yes, you might not want to flaunt it around at work or something if it's inappropriate or could be misconstrued, but otherwise, yup, you like what you like. Definitely no reason to be ashamed. Artists, writers, and designers (many of whom tend to be male in the industry) create these characters to connect with their viewers/gamers, and I'm sure they'd be happy to know that someone, regardless of gender, is a fan :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas