Author Topic: Do you think Nintendo will ever become a 3rd party publisher like Sega?  (Read 2405 times)

pizzasafari

Re: Do you think Nintendo will ever become a 3rd party publisher like Sega?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 08:18:12 pm »
I doubt it. They may be fumbling at the moment but they have too much pride for that. And they can definitely still afford to be in the console market.

They just need to get better support for their consoles and they'll do great again. I can count on one hand the number of Wii U games I like/am interested in. And they need more new first-party IP, definitely. Splatoon was a great step in the right direction but the majority of what they're putting out is still Mario and Zelda and Smash Bros and all that, which is fine and dandy but it means only people that like those specific series are going to buy the console. Personally I impulse bought my Wii U, I wouldn't consider myself a Nintendo fan, if it weren't for the fact that I have nothing else to spend my money on I'd probably never get one.
Well, get a bigger library of (good) games AND stop relying on gimmicks. Can't forget the damn gimmicks. And stop alienating lefties. We're people too, Nintendo. C'mon.

They don't need to change their style to do well in the market, just give us more of what they're doing well. Splatoon is great. It's been ages since we've had a completely new high profile game with that much personality. Give us more of that, Nintendo. Lots more of that.

That'll never happen though, next console will have no screen be controlled entirely by throwing a ball around the room and every game will be Donkey Kong.

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 02:55:36 am »
Nah, I doubt it. They still have a lot of money in their war chest (I think someone said they could fail a bunch of times and still be alright). And honestly I hope they never go third party. The more competition the better. Besides, who knows, the NX could be something really special.

theflea

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »
No.. Nintendo has said it will never happen.
The only way I can ever see it happening is Nintendo systems (both handhelds and consoles) fail so badly many times that Nintendo has no choice but to just be a software developer only.

While the Wii U was a flop, their handhelds have always dominated the market. Nintendo Switch is both and I can see why they did this. The only flaw I see is it doesn't look young kid friendly. I'm sure they will release a more "Kid friendly" cheaper Switch handheld only system later on. Because I don't see parents wanting their young kids to carry around the Switch and loose those removable controllers. lol

I love Nintendo and would be sad to see them not make their own consoles but at the same time would love to see their games on XB1 & PS4.

"Happy game hunting!!!"