Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016  (Read 30012 times)

davifus

Re: Interest for Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2016, 12:00:56 pm »
Do I send my list today or when the join up deadline ends?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2016, 10:14:27 pm »
Whats the deadline for getting the list to you again Soera?

soera

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2016, 04:56:01 pm »
Copy/pasting from the initial post :

Sign ups will be for 3 weeks. Once its done, you have a week to send me your wishlist, address info, and what not. Also include if you are willing to send out of your own country cause every year we get non US participants.

« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2016, 09:55:37 am »
PM Sent.

mrnikon

« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2016, 10:03:42 am »
Copy/pasting from the initial post :

Sign ups will be for 3 weeks. Once its done, you have a week to send me your wishlist, address info, and what not. Also include if you are willing to send out of your own country cause every year we get non US participants.

You did get my PM? I don't see it in my sent messages box.

soera

« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2016, 10:34:04 am »
Okay, first page has been updated with people who have sent in wishlist. If I missed you, poke me and Ill look for it.

If you havent gotten it in, nows the time! :)

telly

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2016, 08:28:16 pm »
I know last year we had an interest thread then a separate thread was created for the actual secret Santa. I guess the name of this thread should probably be changed since it's technically not an interest thread anymore.

Either way, get pumpedddd  :D
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2016, 08:13:36 am »
I know last year we had an interest thread then a separate thread was created for the actual secret Santa. I guess the name of this thread should probably be changed since it's technically not an interest thread anymore.

Either way, get pumpedddd  :D

I think this thread's name should be changed since it's already got some fun posts.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2016, 04:57:46 pm »
Aghhh I need to get that wishlist out to Soera!!! I'll work on it ASAP I promise!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »
I should have mine sent in within a few hours.

I'll also add my own two cents to this, after reading through the thread.

I've done a few SS events elsewhere before, and just want to mention a couple things. One - I think a good wishlist should be comprised only of items that you would be stoked to find under your tree on Xmas day. I think most people probably realize this, but you probably shouldn't put anything on there that is merely just padding a collection, or something you don't care a whole lot about. Granted, it needs to be reasonable and not too tough on your Santa, but don't set them up to underwhelm you with what you might consider to be just a so-so surprise. Two - While I agree to the spending guideline and I think it's a good way to discourage effortless or thoughtless gifts, let's not forget that SS isn't about money, but rather about spreading holiday cheer. I would hope that nobody is counting dollars and change on Xmas day, and that we can trust that good effort was put into each gift, and that everyone should be delighted with what their Santa brought them, given the wishlist they have turned in.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:11:07 pm by Warmsignal »

desocietas

« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2016, 06:19:40 pm »
I should have mine sent in within a few hours.

I'll also add my own two cents to this, after reading through the thread.

I've done a few SS events elsewhere before, and just want to mention a couple things. One - I think a good wishlist should be comprised only of items that you would be stoked to find under your tree on Xmas day. I think most people probably realize this, but you probably shouldn't put anything on there that is merely just padding a collection, or something you don't care a whole lot about. Granted, it needs to be reasonable and not too tough on your Santa, but don't set them up to underwhelm you with what you might consider to be just a so-so surprise. Two - While I agree to the spending guideline and I think it's a good way to discourage effortless or thoughtless gifts, let's not forget that SS isn't about money, but rather about spreading holiday cheer. I would hope that nobody is counting dollars and change on Xmas day, and that we can trust that good effort was put into each gift, and that everyone should be delighted with what their Santa brought them, given the wishlist they have turned in.

Good thoughts, warmsignal :) I'm always pleased with how lovely the gifts often turn out and all the thought behind the gifts! Last year, we had a number of handmade items included with games, and it's a great reminder of the lovely friendships that have blossomed through this site.  Looking forward to gathering things together for my SS recipient and Christmas morning already :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2016, 12:36:06 am »
SENT!~

soera

« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2016, 12:40:18 am »
Wishlist send in will close on Friday night. If you do not have a wishlist sent into me by then, I will most likely remove you from this. 7 people still awaiting!

Flashback2012

« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:16 am »
Wishlist send in will close on Friday night. If you do not have a wishlist sent into me by then, I will most likely remove you from this. 7 people still awaiting!

Eep. I'll get something slapped together.

Warmsignal

« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2016, 01:44:17 am »
Okay, this time I didn't wait until 15 seconds before deadline. Wish list sent.