Author Topic: Resident Evil VS Fatal Frame VS Silent Hill:which is more popular franchise  (Read 2189 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

I avoided RE5 when it first came out because of the lukewarm reviews and negative hype.

Downloaded the demo and thought it was okay.

Downloaded Gold edition when it was free on PSPlus.

Found out it supported move controls and I decided to give it another shot.

Me, my son, and brother in-law had a blast playing through it on coop and mercs mode.

I ended up buying a physical copy. The amount of content in the game is RE4 level awesome.

Although I think if any of us here "take it" on more time we will go crazy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I hated the setting of RE5, I hated the bright sunshiny-ness of it, I hated the forced co-op. Just couldn't get into it at all.

But now that I've played through pretty much every other game in the series, including spin-offs, I think it's time for me to try to give it another chance.

I hated the setting of RE5, I hated the bright sunshiny-ness of it, I hated the forced co-op. Just couldn't get into it at all.

But now that I've played through pretty much every other game in the series, including spin-offs, I think it's time for me to try to give it another chance.

The brighter section is mostly just at the start of the game if that helps, I believe.  Haven't played the game in years though so I might be remembering that slightly wrong.  I actually kinda liked that was there, there's no particular reason to ONLY have these games at night, but I could understand it messing with the tone somewhat.  Even with the Co-Op fault, which I agree, I hate, I still think it's fun to play, which is most important for me.  It's why I can't play the old ones.

kashell

The best thing about Resident Evil 5 were Chris' biceps.

Hard to argue against that.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Hard to argue against that.

I liked the chaingun with infinite ammo backpack.

Chris' biceps were just icing on the beefcake.