Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 18901 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:55 am »
You really think folks will be lining up that early for one?

I'll probably just do my pre-order online if I like what I see tonight.

Only thing with online preorders is that typically when they go up people lose their minds and DDoS the website or page temporarily while everyone tries desperately to preorder/purchase the item. Maybe its my internet connection, but I am always SOL when this happens. While it does suck I am planning on camping to get one just to be on the safe side.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2017, 04:18:39 pm »
I'm really hoping that Gamestop decides to wait until Saturday morning or later to open up preorders. If they go live Friday morning following the conference, I'll be SOL getting a preorder on one, which will likely mean I'll be SOL getting one period.

The manager at my local GameStop called me yesterday.  They got an email saying preorders open on Friday when they open.  I need to be there at 10.

Count of being there at 3 or 4am if you plan on getting one. I had to get to Gamestop at 4am to get my PS3 when preorders went live. The Gamestop I went to only got 5 on Launch which was pretty standard at all of them around my area.

If there's a line, I'll just wait to get one.  I'm going to say that I'll be good since he gave me a call.

rayne315

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
ill be going in tomorrow for the pre-order as well. unsure of if ill actually pick it up immediately or not though. just depends on what happens in the future
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2017, 10:29:23 pm »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:06 pm »
my body is ready!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2017, 10:47:53 pm »
Live Stream of the Switch Reveal. Enjoy the excitement with us!

youtu.be/ouZtPE9zbLc

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2017, 12:18:01 am »
That press conference was disastrous but console looks like it has potential. 

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

Those controllers are way overpriced though. 

soera

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2017, 12:22:48 am »
My first impression is actually better than I expected. The ARMS game looks really fun to play. Super stoked to see DQ X/XI/Heroes I &II going to be on there. Breath of the wild being a launch title is a good thing.

davifus

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2017, 01:00:51 am »
Got my preorder in from bestbuy and with midnight release for it too.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2017, 01:01:23 am »
That press conference was disastrous but console looks like it has potential. 
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/
Those controllers are way overpriced though.

lol i know. 70 dollars for the pro? fuck me

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2017, 01:18:22 am »
The event was exactly what I was expecting, so I'm great.  I got my Zelda at launch, and it's getting a sick collector's edition, and I got a price I expected (Those accessories are crazy priced), and we are getting what seems like a proper online service.  I'm good.  That Mario Odyssey reveal blew me away and I'm so happy for it.  I wasn't expecting a return to Super Mario 64/Sunshine.  Xenoblade 2 has possibilities, though I hope its a lot better than Chronicles X, I didn't particularly like that game.  More RPG, less MMO.  Splatoon 2 is great looking, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I'll buy.

The event was fine, it was clearly more of a shareholders meeting than a direct, so it was okay.  It wasn't bad at all, certainly not like Square Enix bad like it was before, but this wasn't their "Nintendo Direct" I wouldn't be surprised if we get another event in like a month before the Switch releases that's just all about the games, though the Treehouse this weekend will be showing off lots of games, like the new Ultra Street Fighter 2 and more.

*EDIT*
Very interested to get Breath of the Wild more than I ever was before.  Talk of "Calamity Ganon" and "Ashes of Hyrule" and that apparently Link has been asleep for a century, so he couldn't beat Ganon then, but is kept safe till he has a chance, which is seemingly after a Ganon victory perhaps.  Can't wait to play the game and I already have the Master Edition pre-ordered on Amazon.  20% off with Prime makes that big bundle much more realistic.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:59:32 am by kamikazekeeg »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2017, 06:20:02 am »
Wait... What, wut, WHAT?!?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRxBcvobpc

Also *freaks out* OH MY GOD FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS, NO MORE HEROES, XENOBLADE 2, AND SPLATOON 2 ON TOP OF ZELDA... *casually* I'm sold
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:28:08 am by redblaze57 »

« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2017, 06:49:32 am »
The Pros:
  • Zelda is a launch title. There was that fear.
  • J-RPGs a plenty - Setsuna, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade 2, Shin Megami Tensei V etc.
  • Free virtual console game each month (paying for online was inevitable tbh).
  • Spaltoon 2 is a sequel and not a port. Seems there'll be enough ports. A new game is a plus.

The Indifferences:
  • The price - $300 is ok. Could have been less but may well have been more.
  • Questionable ports - Minecraft Story Mode, Lego City Undercover....feel it's pointless porting these games as I'd imagine 99% of the people who wanted to play them already have but I'm sure there are a few who will play them, hence the indifference.

The Cons:
  • Weak launch day line up for the West - Zelda, 1,2 Switch, Skylanders: Imaginators and.....I don't even remember the last game.
  • More gimicky games....1,2 Switch and ARMs.....c'mon Nintendo the Wii phase has come and went. Move on. Rather they put all the developers from these titles on to a worthwhile first part title.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe not a launch title. This should have been a release day title for sure. 4-6 weeks later, feels late.
  • Also feel Mario Odyssey could have come in the summer.
  • We knew about Zelda and Mario. But what about a teaser for another first party title? Metroid Prime 4? Pikmin 4? A new Donkey Kong title? Anything?
    A pro controller is must have for me and many other....but $70!? That's robbery.
  • Weak 3rd party support from the west, aside from their best buddies Ubisoft. I know EA talked cautiously but I expected more than Fifa; Madden and Star Wars Battlefront were my predictions. Also just Skylanders from Activision; I expected Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered and maybe something like a Diablo 3 port.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:55:42 am by kmacdw »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:28 am »
Remember this was mostly towards the Japanese audience so I imagine we'll heare more about sports ball at the tree house event today

kashell

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2017, 08:11:37 am »
Is I am Setsuna going to be physical?

EDIT: I enjoyed the show, especially some of the outfits those guys were wearing. But, I'm not going to pre-order the system. The launch titles aren't wowing me (that Arms game...yikes) and I have hours of other games to finish. So, yeah. I look forward to getting one after some other games get released. I like how they teased a Shin Megami Tensei (Switch Megami Tensei?) while I'm neck-deep in Nocturne. That's going to be fun.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:23:13 am by kashell »