Author Topic: Are you going black friday shopping?  (Read 1246 times)

Are you going black friday shopping?
« on: November 24, 2016, 05:35:54 pm »
I am going tonight to get the Mario edition white and black New 3ds for 99 bucks and a copy of doom for 15 :D.   Sometimes they have dollar bins too :)

redrowz

Re: Are you going black friday shopping?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 10:39:05 am »
I just got Titanfall 2 in town for £20!

Flashback2012

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 11:43:51 am »

I'm curious to know how other countries handle/get in on the whole Black Friday thing given that Thanksgiving is largely a US thing (Canadians have it too but celebrate a month earlier). I assume retailers just designate the last Friday in November as a huge sales day to coincide with the US Black Friday?  ???

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »
I also picked up a Super Mario Black Edition *New* 3DS

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 03:32:52 pm »
I was going to hit up a few places, but last night I began to feel like utter shit, and today I am sick in bed with the flu. I'm disappointed that I missed out on a few things I wanted to pick up, but I mostly just want to feel better right now.

darkragnorok

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 10:20:29 pm »
I bought a couple of games from Gamestop specifically Ratchet And Clank which was on sale. Aside from that a couple of things online which I have yet to bite the bullet on as of this writing.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 08:13:16 pm »
I did all my actual Black Friday shopping online.  I hate the physical rush crowds and prefer to do the leftovers shopping later in the day and finding deals that people overlooked in their rush to get the doorbusters or weren't listed in ads.  My actual physical haul this year was done today (Small Business Saturday) at HalfPriceBooks that I am apparently very lucky to have! 

My HPB outlet was part of a region-wide $1 day sale for the day where literally everything was a dollar.  Picked up a ton of old movies, some anime and a bunch of CDs.  Spent $40 and ended up with some nice big box PC purchases! 
http://imgur.com/a/suR8f

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:14:14 am »

I'm curious to know how other countries handle/get in on the whole Black Friday thing given that Thanksgiving is largely a US thing (Canadians have it too but celebrate a month earlier). I assume retailers just designate the last Friday in November as a huge sales day to coincide with the US Black Friday?  ???

Here in Sweden we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but Black Friday is starting to get attention here with alot of shops marketing Black Friday deals, or even Black Weekend deals. The deals themselves seem a bit... underwhelming for my part... the PS4 Pro for example is only marked down by 12% for Black Friday

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »
the game store I go to had a buy 2 get 3 free on all ps2/xbox original/gb/gba games so I added 50 titles to my collection. they also had buy 2 get 1 free on all ps4/xbone/wii u titles but nothing I really found to be worth the price. they also have a elgato capture card in and if its there after the first of the year I will go and buy it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully