Author Topic: December 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11494 times)

Flashback2012

Re: December 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 02:58:00 am »
Feast your eyes on this little nugget of Wii history. Do you know how I know when I've spotted a rare vid-e-o-game, boy? When I've been collecting Wii games for years and the first time I've ever heard of the title is when I find on the shelf at a GS. I fully anticipate that someone will tell me this game is common as dirt, but I have a feeling it's not. eBay does not yield too many options. So yes, I bought it based on it's curious nature. Who knows? Maybe it's the next Wild Guns in terms of western shoot-em-ups.

It's not common as dirt, quite uncommon really BUT what you need to know is that it originally sold in a "deluxe" packaging that included two "guns" to put your Wii Motes into. Hopefully this image isn't too insanely big...

The real challenge for Wii purists is to track down games like this in their "deluxe" packaging. There's others like Wild West Shootout, Chicken Blaster, Martian Panic as well as some of the Cabela's/Remington games that included "shotguns and/or rifles". There's another game like Gunslingers that came packaged with 2 or possibly 4 blasters/guns but I'm failing to recall the name of the game. I saw one sitting forever and a day in GameStop and never got around to picking it up.  It was cutesy looking and appeared to have a panda on the cover?  ???

Warmsignal

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 10:18:57 am »
The real challenge for Wii purists is to track down games like this in their "deluxe" packaging. There's others like Wild West Shootout, Chicken Blaster, Martian Panic as well as some of the Cabela's/Remington games that included "shotguns and/or rifles". There's another game like Gunslingers that came packaged with 2 or possibly 4 blasters/guns but I'm failing to recall the name of the game. I saw one sitting forever and a day in GameStop and never got around to picking it up.  It was cutesy looking and appeared to have a panda on the cover?  ???

Yes, that would be quite a challenge to find the box they came in. I'd be surprised if GS would even take the gun accessories (I hope they didn't have them and I just didn't ask), but there's no chance they'd keep that box. Would be cool to find though. I never realized Chicken Blaster or Martian Panic had guns as well.

desocietas

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2016, 12:59:56 pm »

Yes, that would be quite a challenge to find the box they came in. I'd be surprised if GS would even take the gun accessories (I hope they didn't have them and I just didn't ask), but there's no chance they'd keep that box. Would be cool to find though. I never realized Chicken Blaster or Martian Panic had guns as well.

Most likely they wouldn't keep it even if it got traded in with everything. They're only obligated to have the disc, unfortunately :( so they often toss other stuff to save on shelf space. Definitely ask, though, as they might have set it aside to give to whoever ended up buying it. Some GS staff understand the CIB needs of their customers :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »

Most likely they wouldn't keep it even if it got traded in with everything. They're only obligated to have the disc, unfortunately :( so they often toss other stuff to save on shelf space. Definitely ask, though, as they might have set it aside to give to whoever ended up buying it. Some GS staff understand the CIB needs of their customers :)

I agree. They probably would have tossed out the guns as well, since they only resell as "game only". But, having just checked, I can't even find a listing for the game itself on their website.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2016, 01:32:49 pm »
^ I've seem used light-guns and such in those hanging plastic bags at GameStop.

Flashback2012

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2016, 01:36:13 pm »

This practice of "bare bones" was going on when I worked there 7 years ago and is still prevalent today. The funny thing is, the non-game playing executives at the top don't realize they could stand to make MORE money by NOT tossing out things like cases/boxes/etc and in some instances could charge more for an item. Of course, it'll never happen because that would require a huge overall to their inventory system and the average GA doesn't have the acumen to put stuff into the system correctly.  :P

Anyway, I picked up a game I used to own years back from an out of the way place over the weekend. It was Art Alive for the Sega Genesis. Only $3 CIB so I figured I'd reclaim the title I sold off forever ago.  ;)

Flashback2012

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 01:41:32 pm »
I agree. They probably would have tossed out the guns as well, since they only resell as "game only". But, having just checked, I can't even find a listing for the game itself on their website.

Double post FTW!  ;)

They should have a SKU for generic guns in the system but at this point, I doubt they take them in trade unless they're official products like the Wii Wheel or Wii Zapper. If you're adamant about getting the guns for a quasi-complete set then I would say thrift stores or mom n' pop shops are your best bet.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2016, 01:45:47 pm »
^ Again, I've seen them in GameStop before. Maybe not that exact gun, but I've seen plenty of generic ones. Even a Nerf gun that doubles as a Wii Zapper.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:49:31 pm by burningdoom »

realpoketendonl

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2016, 03:36:42 pm »
Got some good stuff today.

Got Alien Odyssey and Half Life 2: Episode One for 50 cents each. A total steal for Half Life, and with Alien Odyssey I just had a 'Hey, why not?' kind of feel, especially since it comes in a nice cardboard box like that. Also got Tomb Raider III at the same store for €1. I've never played a game in the series before (apart from 15 minutes of the Tomb Raider reboot), so I'm excited to try it out!

Got Lego Batman 2 for €2,50. People always say how good the Lego games are, but I've never actually owned one before, so I figured I'd give this a go.

The computer is the star of the show though. I got it, along with a cassette player for it for 6 bucks total, and it was kind of a blind purchase. Something I just decided to get and see what I could do with it. It's a Laser 500 Color Computer, apparently one of multiple models of computers produced by Dutch company Laser in the 80s and 90s. The system itself is from 1985, but apart from technical specifications I can barely find anything on it. Too bad, because I don't even know how it works. I hooked it up, but despite the light turning on and the thing itself beeping with every button press, I'm not getting anything on my TV. Oh well, I guess I'll just mess around with it for a bit.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

azure

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2016, 04:51:16 pm »

Some early gifts for the holidays, very happy with them.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:02:55 pm by azure »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 05:33:48 am »
I'm behind on posting my pickups since we've been doing them on the show. Here's my latest...

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition - sealed
From what I understand this is the only way to play the complete Trilogy in physical form. Unfortunately scalpers claimed most of the copies. Came with pre-order bonus keychains.
Fire Emblem Awakening
Ray Man 3D
Fantasy Life

I am required by my wife to point out that the purchases above were her doing. We went in halfsies on the FEF SE.

PS4
Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour
Shantae: Half Genie Hero (Risky beats edition) comes with a soundtrack CD and color game manual!

Pixel Art - Mario Light

Atari lynx:
Kung Food (sealed)
A.P.B (sealed)

But the thing I am really proud about is the skateboard. They were only given to developers of Rise of the Tomb Raider and I am sworn to secrecy as to who I got it from. :)

The top has the names of each developer. The bottom has an excellently detailed painting of Lara.

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2016, 10:11:08 am »
Picked these up at goodwill yesterday:
Namco Museum Vol 1 greatest hits PS1 cib 1.99$
Classic Baseball Mattel Handheld .99$
Corvette PS2 cib .98$
Ford Racing 3 PS2 cib.98$
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm PS2 cib .98$
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland PS2 cib 1.49$
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 PS2 cib .98$
Tony Hawk's Underground PS2 cib .98$
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 PS2 cib .98$
Spartan Total War Xbox cib 1.99$
Gladiator Sword of Vengeance Xbox cib 1.99$
Black Xbox S controller 1.99$
Loco Roco PSP cib 1.49$
Loco Roco 2 PSP cib 1.49$
Blockus Portable PSP cib 1.49$
Wii Play cib .98$
Wii Fit .98$

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:20:19 am by 98dgreen »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2016, 10:14:25 am »
That longboard look amazing Dash V

Anyways I got some Pre-Christmas Christmas loot since my sister is going to be gone for the holiday along with getting a pre-order in

PS4
Shantae: Half Genie Hero (Risky beats edition) yes even though I backed it on Kickstarter for the Wii U and have been playing it for a week I still bought the physical version of the game. Also getting the physical version on the Wii U

Mirror's Edge Catalyst- this was a gift

Also got a Raspberry Pi Motherboard which I took and made it into a Retropie Emulation system.

tripredacus

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2016, 10:20:38 am »
It's a Laser 500 Color Computer, apparently one of multiple models of computers produced by Dutch company Laser in the 80s and 90s. The system itself is from 1985, but apart from technical specifications I can barely find anything on it. Too bad, because I don't even know how it works.

There seems to be a bit here, including links:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/187667-any-info-on-video-technology-laser-500-computer/

I use these search terms on google:
Code: [Select]
Laser 500 Color Computer -laserjet