Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 60712 times)

shfan

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2017, 08:39:12 am »
Finally I beat something! Beat both Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets: Ibara Sore Kara, which are a double-pack on the 360, vertical shoot-em-ups, it helps that they have infinite continues and were both beaten in a single evening. Have to try a few more games like this, keep getting started with games that are going to take 20+ hours and never get around to finishing them.

« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2017, 11:59:37 am »
Finally I beat something! Beat both Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets: Ibara Sore Kara, which are a double-pack on the 360, vertical shoot-em-ups, it helps that they have infinite continues and were both beaten in a single evening. Have to try a few more games like this, keep getting started with games that are going to take 20+ hours and never get around to finishing them.

lol I've beat/abandoned nearly 40 games this year already and that is largely because at least half are SHUMPS. They are nice, short, fun games that really help inflate your games beat numbers :p

« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »
Surprisingly I beat Puyo Puyo Tetris yesterday.  So I'm now at 53 games beat out of 58 played this year.

« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2017, 05:31:47 pm »

I used to do this all the time lol, now i usually play maximum 4 games at a time so i can always finish them

maximo310

« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2017, 03:44:30 am »
I really hope you guys are joking around with some of these statements, credit feeding /=/beating.  Gotta stick with the resources they give you on 1 credit my dudes.

shfan

« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2017, 03:09:49 pm »
lol I've beat/abandoned nearly 40 games this year already and that is largely because at least half are SHUMPS. They are nice, short, fun games that really help inflate your games beat numbers :p

Need to be doing something like this. I love Stardew Valley, but seriously, how can I beat 52 of those?

I used to do this all the time lol, now i usually play maximum 4 games at a time so i can always finish them

It's a much better idea that I need to try harder with, what makes it more difficult ATM is that I'm between homes so 'kind of' in 2 places at once. When things have calmed down I'll try picking 1 game for each of 3 or 4 consoles and sticking with them.

I really hope you guys are joking around with some of these statements, credit feeding /=/beating.  Gotta stick with the resources they give you on 1 credit my dudes.

Uh oh, is that the rule/spirit of the challenge? or just a preference? I just use the number of continues supplied by the game, in both of those cases they were infinite.

maximo310

« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2017, 05:11:41 pm »

Uh oh, is that the rule/spirit of the challenge? or just a preference? I just use the number of continues supplied by the game, in both of those cases they were infinite.

Usually I mark stgs that I used multiple credits feed as "completed", while 1ccs are "beaten" due to the fact that these games are usually designed for using the amount of resources on 1 credit. I usually prefer the latter since it's more skill-based, and there is a wealth or resources such as wikis that list clears from very easy to the hardest, so you can pick something thats close to your skill level, or try harder stuff which will improve your skills.

wolfen

« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2017, 08:33:21 pm »
8. Pokemon Colosseum
  • Start - May
  • Finish - June 17
  • Total Time - 30+ hours

Colosseum feels so much more clunky than I remember it being (moving Pokemon around in storage, purifying Pokemon, saving/healing) especially after playing Pokemon X. The amount of content is also a lot less than I remember and it feels like it was supposed to be padded out by purifying all of the Shadow Pokemon. Overall it feels like a preview/prototype of Gale of Darkness.

Oh and FUCK SLAKING! I had to fight Evice 6 times because of that fat monkey fuck.

I'm also working on GTA V and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution.

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2017, 01:14:33 am »
12 more to go!

40. God of War II (PS3): Even though it has been three or four years since I played and beat the first God of War game, I remember liking the game, but wasn't overly impressed by it. Fast forward to this week where I played through God of War II, and I can say I really, REALLY liked God of War II! This had to have been one of the most balanced, fun, fair, interesting, and well paced action games of this type I've ever played. I can't think of more than a few times where the game fell short in anyway, and it has me pumped to play God of War 3. If God of War 3 delivers in the way this game did then I will gladly be purchasing the new God of War day 1 when it is released. Such an awesome, amazing game this one was! (6/17/17)

shfan

« Reply #324 on: June 19, 2017, 07:36:34 am »
@Maximo: Interesting, I'll take a look through those at some point in time, thanks for the tip. Since I can't count them as 'beat' for the challenge though it's disincentivised me playing them now, I'll stick with other genres.

« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2017, 08:37:56 am »
@Maximo: Interesting, I'll take a look through those at some point in time, thanks for the tip. Since I can't count them as 'beat' for the challenge though it's disincentivised me playing them now, I'll stick with other genres.
It's entirely up to you what you consider "beat" or "completed".  I feel "beat" just means I got the credits, and "completed" means 100% completion.  But either way, a win is a win and they both count in my books.

Again, totally up to you. 

There are games out there that aren't beatable in the sense that there is no end goal, end of the game, or any game based action that makes credits pop.  I count those games as long as I feel justified that I put enough time into the game.

I think the original spirit was for us to collectively dwindle our backlogs by getting through 52 games a year.  In that sense, if you play and abandon a game (as in it is no longer in your backlog because you don't want to play it anymore) then it could count as well.

It is entirely up to you what your "rules" are.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:42:47 am by ignition365 »

kashell

« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2017, 08:27:41 am »
Reviews have been posted on my page for Bloodborne and Power Stone 2.

« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2017, 08:26:57 pm »

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Donkey Kong Country 2
11. Tomb Raider
12. Aggressive Inline
13. Hitman Season 1
14. SSX 3
15. The Wolf Among Us
16. Donkey Kong Country
17. Unravel
18. Never Alone
19. Shadow of the Colossus
20. Fragments of Him
21. Blackwood Crossing
22. Ryse : Son of Rome
23. The Warriors
24. Murdered : Soul Suspect
25. Donkey Kong Country 3
26. Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
27. Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit
28. L.A Noire
29. Shenmue

« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2017, 11:22:05 am »

« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2017, 12:03:25 pm »
29. Shenmue

What did you think?
I recently acquired this so I'd like to hear some input on it as well.