Author Topic: Whats you vision for the perfect gaming machine?  (Read 2132 times)

dreama1

Whats you vision for the perfect gaming machine?
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:23:54 pm »
What's your vision for the perfect gaming machine? What kind of/style of games would you want on it? Perhaps dead franchises being bought up by your company. Or legal restrictions on how many sports games can be released in a set time frame.

To make it more interesting it can come out at any year from the past to the present. 19XX 20XX. And it can be based on a realistic time line going against the competitors of the time, or fantasy when your platform is the only gaming platform, and you have full creative dictatorial control over it. What are it's staples?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:26:41 pm by dreama1 »

Re: Whats you vision for the perfect gaming machine?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:53 pm »
nintendo switch

my answer on friday morning will probably be completely different =(
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »
A device that plays games that I want to play, great video quality, Solid Controller, and is Low Maintenance. Basically a Gamecube with Component Cables.

indenton

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 09:33:21 pm »
nintendo switch

I have to agree, I was REALLY skeptical when the rumours were going around about a home/portable hybrid console.  Then as soon as Nintendo released that trailer I immediately set aside my doubts and started to see a really appealing console. 

I feel like Animal Crossing was destined for this type of system, the Switch might bridge the gap for Pokemon too.  Fire Emblem with some glossy visual and portable capabilities, YES!!

I'm cautiously optimistic for the games they're going to announce for this thing because it could be a make or break for the systems launch at this point. 

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 01:23:29 am »
nintendo switch

I have to agree, I was REALLY skeptical when the rumours were going around about a home/portable hybrid console.  Then as soon as Nintendo released that trailer I immediately set aside my doubts and started to see a really appealing console. 

I feel like Animal Crossing was destined for this type of system, the Switch might bridge the gap for Pokemon too.  Fire Emblem with some glossy visual and portable capabilities, YES!!

I'm cautiously optimistic for the games they're going to announce for this thing because it could be a make or break for the systems launch at this point.
I think so as well, i'm happy they kept the concept of local multiplayer as well. Nothing pissed me off as much from the last generations as removing splitscreen/system link. But I think battery life will be problematic, hopefully it takes less batteries than a game gear.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 01:53:29 am »
nintendo switch

This too.  This is what the Wii U needed to be, but finally we are getting something I've wanted for years.  I barely played handhelds after the Gameboy Advance, because I want to play games on my TV, but there was stuff on the handhelds I wanted to play, but couldn't.  So now those games that are usually put onto handheld, I can play on TV or if I need to for the few times I need portability, I can use it portable.  It's the perfect system.

As for the original message related to features and such, I don't need anything specific, though I want to see more genuinely good 3D platformers.  It's a genre that doesn't see a lot of love these days, though it's coming back with Ratchet and Clank, Yooka Laylee, A Hat in Time...

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 02:09:18 am »
I've been thinking hard about future proofing my collection (having a means to play all of my older games long after the disk drives die, all the CRT TVs burn out, and all the carts and disks rot away, which leads me to believe that someone needs to create a perfect emulator for every console. I don't know much about emulation from a programming perspective, but I hope that someday every console, new and old has a perfect emulator made for it so games can be played and enjoyed as long as the source code for the emulator exists.

dreama1

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 05:21:53 am »
I've been thinking hard about future proofing my collection (having a means to play all of my older games long after the disk drives die, all the CRT TVs burn out, and all the carts and disks rot away, which leads me to believe that someone needs to create a perfect emulator for every console. I don't know much about emulation from a programming perspective, but I hope that someday every console, new and old has a perfect emulator made for it so games can be played and enjoyed as long as the source code for the emulator exists.
http://www.rfgeneration.com/news/Disc-Rot/An-important-note-to-Video-Game-Sellers-and-Buyers-1337.php

"Check out this blog entry. Disc rot is famous to Laserdisc collectors, and has started appearing in Saturn collections too. My own personal experience is with SF III: 3rd Strike. It was the last game I needed for a full collection... so I had to dump another $30 into a second copy!!! "

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 06:55:17 am »
The Holodesk from Star Trek!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 07:07:56 am »

My Thoughts on these issures are:
- CRT TV's burn out -> PVM -> BVM -> Upscalers. XRGB Framemeister or something even better in the future
- Carts Rot Away - I haven't had any issues with correct storage and cleaning with electronic circuit board cleaner. How about you?
- Disk rot - Yeah CD based media is terrible nothing you can do here except mod your console and play of a disk drive were possible
- Emulation... Not yet for me. I'll mod the console to play off a drive and cartridge based systems I can use EEPROM flash carts. I dare say we will see more FPGA consoles emulation in the future.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 01:22:59 am »
The one that plays all sony exclusives.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 01:32:25 pm »
For me Vita is in technical meaning - perfect. It is not my fav console but i think this is a perfect handlheld, very comfortable, awesome graphics, lots of possibilities with touch screen and positioning.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 07:42:26 pm »
For me the perfect console would have the following features
Long life cycle - If I buy a console (especially a good one), I'd like it to be supported for a long time, possibly 8 years.
An abundance of high quality and diverse exclusive games - Exclusives should be well spaced out but frequent, cover a large range of genres like Puzzle, Platformer, FPS, Hack and Slash, Racers, RPG's and many more, and obviously be good. 
Splitscreen - Make splitscreen a viable option with lots of games that support it.
Balance between physical and digital media - Customers should have the option to choose either digital or physical media, no option should be compromised like physical copies taking up space and lacking manuals, while digital copies take too long to download.
Customisable library and UI - Players should be able to sort their library however they want, and change the view style. E.g. From a list to a grid, and be able to change the size of the icons.
Good controller - Comfortable to hold, makes use of as many fingers as possible, suits many genres and has a long battery life. Have more than one controller to give people options.
Online store - Easy and quick to navigate interface, lots of deals and a wishlist function to tell you when games are on sale.
Storage space - HDD with plenty of storage, discs don't need to be installed and save data/patches and be installed on portable memory cards for portability.
Image and video capture - Images can be captured by using a dedicated button, videos can capture the last 15 mins of gameplay or the player can press start and it will record until the player stops it.
Music - Have multiple ways to put music on the console, and allow it to be played during games.
Portability - Easy enough to move around and fit in tight spaces, durable, and multiple outputs
Speed - Quick loading times, be able to get into a game almost instantly.
Stability - Not break

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »
i want a own build computer

use the best cpu the best vedio card

plus ssd disk and 32gb ram

bladeandsoul007 leads mmorpg game blade and soul gold trade market
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 07:55:00 pm by xiaoshumiao »

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 09:07:39 am »
nintendo switch

turns out... my answer now is NOT different   =))))))))))))))))))))
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594