Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch Discussion  (Read 19189 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch Discussion
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2017, 03:32:25 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place for this but on my local craigslist there is somebody already scalping the system for 699$.

Yeah that's expected lol Hopefully too many don't jump on those "deals", because I don't feel like we'll have a situation as bad a the NES Mini here.

people are already buying them for between 400-500 on eBay for just the console.

Really don't understand why people do that this early.  There's probably gonna more showing up for pre-order and there's still launch day release.

rayne315

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2017, 03:46:35 pm »
as unfortunate as it is I hope the demand is MUCH higher than the supply. I put in a pre-order for it the day pre-orders went up for them and just about every release title and found out a few days later that my gf pre-ordered it with just Zelda (both grey systems). I don't believe that we will be needing 2 systems so if the demand is high enough I will sell 1 to recoup the costs of the $3-400 in games I have pre-ordered for it. if not I will just not pick it up.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »
According to an article I read, the company who makes the display for the Switch is saying they are gearing up to ship around 10 million units this year.  That's certainly not something that translates to "sales", but that could be an estimate to what they are hoping for in the first year or so which is a good number.

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »
Fire Emblem Warriors is confirmed for a fall release and they announced a new Fire Emblem for 2018 on the Switch.  No details on the last one, just a plain "Fire Emblem" announcement.

spac316

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2017, 06:18:04 pm »
Fire Emblem Warriors is confirmed for a fall release and they announced a new Fire Emblem for 2018 on the Switch.  No details on the last one, just a plain "Fire Emblem" announcement.

They also announced that FE Warriors will release for the New 3DS(assuming it's exclusive for that, much like Xenoblade 3D). That bothers me a little. Don't you think they should release it exclusively for the Switch? Sure it'll be on more powerful hardware and look it, but would people want to buy all new hardware to play it, or just save a few hundred dollars and buy it for something they already own? (same can be applied for Zelda:BotW)
I just find it odd...makes it look like they have no faith in the Switch so they they have to release it to another device to make ends meet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:10:38 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 07:27:01 pm »

They also announced that FE Warriors will release for the New 3DS(assuming it's exclusive for that, much like Xenoblade 3D). That bothers me a little. Don't you think they should release it exclusively for the Switch? Sure it'll be on more powerful hardware and look it, but would people want to buy all new hardware to play it, or just save a few hundred dollars and buy it for something they already own? (same can be applied for Zelda:BotW)
I just find it odd...makes it look like they have no faith in the Switch so they they have to release it another device to make ends meet.

I don't think it looks that way at all.  To me, this is simply there still being a 3DS market that they can't just outright dump for the Switch so suddenly and its easy enough to do a port like they did with Hyrule Warriors Legends right off the bat.  Curious if it'll even run well on a New 3DS.  Hyrule Warriors Legends was unplayable on a regular 3DS and was just good enough on the New 3DS, while taking big graphical hits and vastly lower enemy numbers.  FEW looks impressive on the Switch, a big step up from Hyrule Warriors for sure and though I'm not a Fire Emblem fan at all, I might pick this up.

Actually, now that I think about it, it does make sense to do this, since the current Fire Emblem fanbase is on the 3DS at the moment.  They talked it up on the direct, but Fire Emblem hasn't been on a console since the Wii in 2008, so it makes sense to keep FE fans happy who aren't making the jump to Switch right away with the two 3DS games they'll get this year.  Honestly was more surprised that FE: Echoes didn't get a Switch version.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:31:32 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:12 am »
Preorder hell. Ah fun, I'm on a call list at my local Gamestop because I live in the boonies with no where else to turn that doesn't require you to pay in full upfront. For once can't Nintendo put out enough of something? Did put a deposit on Breathe of the Wild at least.

Just my asshole opinion from observing my Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. I think there's a lot of demand. There's a bunch of preorders out there.  It would be shooting themselves in the foot to not have plenty of consoles to go around.

The haters are hating big.  That's a good indicator that it could be big. I'm in 100%. Mine is preordered.

It seems, since the PS2 launch, that "selling out" of your first run of pre-ordered consoles, is just a thing they do now, to help hype the system more.
True, but damn it's rough how stores are doing it these days(didn't expect this kinda hype after Wii U flopped.). I kinda hate how most stores you can only order it usually if you go online because they sell out online so fast and few reserve store copies. Luckily, I found out if you go in store at Walmart they're taking in store pre-orders until they sell out so I ordered in store. I deposited down on on system and at Gamestop I have down on a copy of Breathe of the Wild now. Online where you have to pay full price is something I just can't afford right now *shrugs*. I'm just hopefully Nintendo can ramp up production in order to keep flow of the consoles after launch. I remember people having trouble getting many a Nintendo release for weeks after the release date.

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2017, 10:52:57 am »
I think I read that they intend on having 10 million Switches at launch.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 04:47:05 pm »
I think the number is 2 million at launch.

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2017, 04:57:23 pm »

I wrote about that above, but that's not launch, the company making the displays is gearing up to ship 10 million for the year.

Warmsignal

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2017, 12:42:20 pm »
I can't help but feel that this applies every time a new console is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2017, 10:45:26 am »

rayne315

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2017, 10:51:12 am »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2017, 10:51:49 am »
I am Setsuna added to the list of launch titles

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/894/i-am-setsuna-coming-to-nintendo-switch-on-march-3

Digital, was really hoping for a physical copy of this one :/

kashell