Author Topic: What is the most addictive game you ever played?  (Read 4367 times)

What is the most addictive game you ever played?
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:41:04 am »
Do you have a game that is so addictive and difficult to put down that you lose track of time and find yourself indulging for hours on end?   :D   

For me Peggle is really addictive.  I try to avoid it lol. I can consume hours on the PS3 one that came bundled with Plants Vs Zombies. and it feels like mere minutes. It's so fun.   Pokémon games , Call of duty multiplayer, and Splatoon are extremely addictive for me too :)

Oh and Tetris too :)   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:45:56 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: What is the most addictive game you ever played?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:06:50 am »
I don't think I'll be able to narrow it down to one, but here are some that I got really hooked on for a while

- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- Minecraft
- We <3 Katamari

kashell

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:26:54 am »
If I really like a game, then I'll have a hard time putting it down. For instance, most recently I had a hard time putting down SMT: Nocturne.

Other games that come to mind are Final Fantasy Tactics, 7th Dragon III, and I'm sure a ton of other RPGs.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:49 am »
Minecraft and any of the Fallout games.

rodros

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:48 am »
I've been playing Rogue Legacy a lot, can't believe I neglected such game for years, the most addictive part is the progression IMO.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:02:22 am »
Skyrim or any of the pre-DS pokemon

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:05:01 pm »
For the time being:

Pokemon Omega Ruby
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3
Tetris (Gameboy)
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 12:21:07 pm »
Dragon Force on Saturn cannot be in my sight if I have a Saturn hooked up.
Age of Mythology is purposely not installed on my computer.
Everquest was my addiction for years before WoW came along and I've only recently cooled to that.
Diablo 1 was an itch that constantly needed scratching for a LONG time. Surprisingly I invested almost no time into Diablo II which is usually the one that people say they were addicted to (the DVD drive on my new computer at the time was faulty but I blamed it on the Diablo II disc and never got into playing it :P)

azure

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 12:52:21 pm »
I got really into MH3U on the WiiU when it released. Dumped hundreds of hours into it, and did nothing else really for almost 6 months. I hope we get A MH game on the Switch, the 3DS games just don't do it for me.

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 03:09:29 pm »
The most addictive game I've ever played is hands down Futuridium. The games is simply a matter of shooting out blocks with a small Star Fox-ian looking ship without crashing and using up your time limit. I constantly go back to this one because it is really fast paced and doesn't take a hug time commitment like say a sports game or RPG. Try it out if you don't believe me, I love it so much.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 03:27:40 pm »
Though nowhere near my favorite game, the game I've devoted the most hours of my life to (by far) is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Like 35 days worth of time.

So probably that :P

realpoketendonl

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, then Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, and now Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I literally never get tired of this series. No matter how many matches I play, I just keep coming back for more!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 04:59:44 pm »
Diablo 1 was an itch that constantly needed scratching for a LONG time.

I know the feeling. My pick for this list is the game that Diablo was derived from, Angband. It's a randomly generated roguelike with incredible depth. If you die, it's over!! Unless you cheat with backing up your save file, which I... totally never do...  ::) Once you get all the control commands down ("q" for "quaff potions", "w" for "wear/wield weapons" and so on), you'll be having a blast!

It pulls me in at least once a year. And it's free for basically every system ever made.

soera

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 06:05:25 pm »
Everquest was my addiction for years.
Diablo 1 was an itch that constantly needed scratching for a LONG time. Surprisingly I invested almost no time into Diablo II which is usually the one that people say they were addicted to (the DVD drive on my new computer at the time was faulty but I blamed it on the Diablo II disc and never got into playing it :P)

I was coming to post Everquest myself. I quit in June of 2010 but I still think of it every single solitary day. I miss it so much. I keep a statue of Firiona Vie on my desk still.

Another game was going to be Diablo III. Everything that I and II was, III was better. You should give it a try!

Finally, there is MK X/XL. I can always find a reason to put the game in and play. :)

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 10:53:20 pm »
Any Civilization games, Skyrim, Witcher 3, any Fire Emblem.

Back 20 years ago i was addicted to Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and Warcraft II, couldnt stop playing them.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac