Author Topic: PS1 Games  (Read 2258 times)

kypherion

PS1 Games
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:28:00 am »
So, i've been thinking about buying PS1 games recently and need good titles. I already plan to get Poy Poy, Bushido Blade 2, and Ehrgeiz God bless the ring sometime (not in the near future). Any titles of good games would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to check my collection to see what I already have and how I could build up from there.
Thanks!
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Re: PS1 Games
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 02:25:08 am »
Definitely not trying to boast, but I have a lot of the better games on the PS1 games in my collection, including a lot of the harder to find games. You should check out my collection and let me know if you have any questions.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:29:25 am »
I would definitely suggest the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater serie! 1 and 2 are made for this generation but even the ps1 port of 3 and 4 are AMAZING!
Heart of Darkness is also a really good (and hard) platforming game, really unique imo. OF course there's the Tekken serie, I also really like Evil Zone as a fighting game.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 08:19:30 am »
Can't go wrong with Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2.

Might give Fear Effect a go too, it's pretty cheap.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:43:40 am »
You got the numbered Final Fantasy titles, so that's a great start. Also check out Final Fantasy Tactics. While on the subject of RPGs, here are some of my favorites on the console. ignition already mentioned both Wild ARMs games. These are a bit pricey, but they're super fun:

Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Kartia: The Word of Fate
Brigandine
Grandia
Legend of Legaia

Also, there are games like Alundra to scratch the action/adventure itch. I'll try to think of more later.

indenton

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 10:33:07 am »
Crash Bandicoot, I would recommend 'Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped' the most out of the 5 PlayStation games.  It looks and feels really good even today, the time trails boost the replay value too!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 10:43:36 am »
SoulBlade and the Resident Evil series

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 11:00:55 am »
Resident Evil 1&2
Silent Hill
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Diablo
Persona
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Team Racing

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 12:29:56 pm »
Definitely not trying to boast, but I have a lot of the better games on the PS1 games in my collection, including a lot of the harder to find games. You should check out my collection and let me know if you have any questions.

Fair enough man,

If I had your collection I would have a really hard time finding any other games for the ps1 that I actually wanted
Your Stylish Sword Master!

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 01:06:09 pm »
Not sure what kind of games you're into, but I know the forum came up with a list of some good games a few years back: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,2309.msg27142.html#msg27142
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:53 pm »
Devil Dice is a great fast-paced puzzle game and Crash Team Racing is an enjoyable kart racer. Final Fantasy Origins is a nice graphical and audio update to the first two Final Fantasy games that maintains much of their original difficulty, but it doesn't have the bonus dungeons that came with later remakes. That may be a sticking point for you.

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »
PS1 library is huge, varied, and has fantastic games in EVERY category. I know a lot of people focus on the RPGs, and there were fantastic RPGs in the PS1's library, but don't overlook the other genres, either. I'd recommend just jumping in the deep end and picking out stuff that appeals to you. Even a lot of the cheapies are good.

There's just so much out there, it's hard to make post about what games are good on it, in general.

What kind of genres are you into? That might make things a bit easier.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 02:33:57 pm »
Any Crash Bandicoot game.  They are all good. :)  Especially 3 and CTR Crash team racing. 
Final Fantasy VII, VIII 
Chrono Cross
Spyro 1 and 2
Loaded
Doom
NFL BLITZ 2000
Parappa The Rapper
Tomba  (<---- amazing game :D)
Resident Evil
GTA 1
Driver
Simpson's wrestling (Kinda bad but it's fun at the same time lol) 
Gran Turismo 2
Tekken 3

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:36:03 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

kypherion

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 08:33:34 pm »

What kind of genres are you into? That might make things a bit easier.

RPGs (like FF7), Games like Castlevania Chronicles or Castlevania Symphony of the night. Poy Poy is fun, and Ehrgeiz is cool too. If you want you can just recommend me anything, this is more of me seeing what everybody heres likes to build up my experience, collection, and broadening my view of different types of games.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 12:44:11 am »
Some of my first PS1 favorites/recommendations:

Valkyrie Profile
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Legend of Mana
Saga Frontier 2
Jade Cocoon
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas