Author Topic: What game console has the best name? Which do you think is the worst?  (Read 2788 times)

Warmsignal

Worst would be the Fijitstu FM Towns Marty. Coolest, probably Sega Saturn, or the Magnavox Odyssey.

theflea

Best name.... Sega Dreamcast always sounded cool to me.

Worst name... I can name a few. lol

- Gamate

- Mega Duck

- Dick Smith Wizzard
Haha yes! I thought of the Mega Duck too! wasn't it known in South America as the "Cougar Boy"?

Yes it was. Both are terrible names. Lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

doafan

Of course that the best name for me it has to be the NES and the worst Wii U, what the hell were they thinking, they should fire the person who picked this name  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tripredacus

Wonderswan or Super PolyStation

wartoy

PRO Supporter

best names for me were dreamcast,gamecube worst names were wii,wiiu

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Best: Super Nintendo
Worst: Casio Loopy

Best name.... Sega Dreamcast always sounded cool to me.

Worst name... I can name a few. lol

- Gamate

- Mega Duck

- Dick Smith Wizzard
Haha yes! I thought of the Mega Duck too! wasn't it known in South America as the "Cougar Boy"?

Speaking of South America, here in Brazil we had an NES ripoff called "Phantom System". I think that's a pretty cool name for a console =D As for the bad one, the PS1 ripoff "Polystation" =P

guilty0fbeing

PlayStation or Super Nintendo for the best console name. Worst? Easy. Wii U.

Schoolboy

Best - Gamecube. It's literally a cube that plays games. You can't get anymore straightforward than that

Worst - Xbox one. (Seriously, WHAT kind of name is that?!)

With the Wii and Wii U name. Nintendo, I think wanted to prevent modern consoles from heading into becoming, adult only machines back into the child's hands of tomorrow. The Wii U, sounds vary child friendly, just like most of the games released on it. I can see why not many people in this forum seem to like it. Because not a single one of us are children anymore. ::).

I have a feeling in my study of the modern video game market video games of the future will make Mario and most other NES games, where you kill things look and play too violent for children. But hey I grew up in this cruel world. I look at the violence of the video game past as none today. I still play wolfenstein 3D and mario and have fun with them. but even the thought of an innocent plumber getting eaten alive by a carnivorous plant gave me the creeps at a young age. and I've seen so much fake violence that I enjoy fake violence as long as I know it's just a video game. Yet I still know deep We are all twisted.

anyway, worst name would be Steambox. ya just what I want a game console with steam coming out it's ass. reminds me of those nicotine vapor packs some former tobacco smokers use to blow steam instead of smoke. Hey, it seems like a great console to own :) just bad name.

Best name? Magnavox Odyssey. but probably the most primitive and boring console in my opinion but how catchy and fantastic the name is.

updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Some interesting answers here!  My first thought for best console name is Sega Dreamcast, but Sega Saturn is pretty cool too.  I've always thought the Astrocade and Vectrex had cool names too.

Worst has to be the Xbox One ... cause calling the 3rd console the One makes a whole lot of sense.

I agree.  Microsoft, with all of their marketing millions, couldn't come up with ANYTHING better?  Honorable mentions goes to the Nintendo Wii U.  Though I grew to almost like the title "Wii", it was/is kind of weird and "Wii U" is pretty damn stupid.  Still, at least "Wii U" is unique and I'll take that any day over a "Nintendo One."