Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI (PS4 + 3DS)  (Read 1058 times)

Dragon Quest XI (PS4 + 3DS)
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:47:41 am »
How would we handle this?  It's a single purchase, one item... but it comes with both the PS4 and 3DS versions of the game.

No word of if this is going to happen in the US or EU, but I'm curious to how we would handle this.

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-convinced-nintendo-to-bundle-a-game-with-so-1794201450

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:15:26 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

Re: Dragon Quest XI (PS4 + 3DS)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:51:52 pm »
Hm, we'd still want to put that particular bundle into the JP category, but yeah, it's a good question.......
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »
I would say we should make two entries for the 3DS and PS4 version like what we recently did with Farenheit for the Sega CD / CD 32X. Designate the different versions in the cart/disc/media section in case you have one but not the other, but if you have both you can add both entries to your collection.

That's probably the best we can do I would think, because we can't ascribe the game to only one platform by default since it comes with two of them. We can designate that it came with the other version in the description
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:27:37 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:38:28 pm »
I would say we should make two entries for the 3DS and PS4 version like what we recently did with Farenheit for the Sega CD / CD 32X. Designate the different versions in the cart/disc/media section in case you have one but not the other, but if you have both you can add both entries to your collection.

That's probably the best we can do I would think, because we can't ascribe the game to only one platform by default since it comes with two of them. We can designate that it came with the other version in the description
I wasn't aware that there was 2 entries for Fahrenheit, both entries predate the recent conversation about 32X CD.  So is that copacetic having the same item twice in two separate categories?

telly

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »
I think that's the best we can do within the constraints of the site. Obviously in the future you could buy the 3DS portion of this special edition without the PS4 version, and I think that's enough to warrant a separate entry for both.

And I think making a new category specifically tailored for this game wouldn't make sense because adding a (PS4 + 3DS) category implies you need both consoles to run a singular game. And then the issue comes up of which overarching category do you nest that subcategory under (PS4 or 3DS)

I think saying that the PS4 version came with a 3DS version in the description (and vise versa) would be sufficient
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:51:10 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

soera

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:49 pm »
I wouldnt worry about it. I doubt anyone other than myself is going to buy this! :P Btw, I already bought this! :)

soera

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 11:52:28 pm »
In all honesty, there is really only one way to do it. Make 2 entries ... one for PS4, one for 3DS. Enter it in either category you want.

And yes, I really did already order this.

soera

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:54:29 pm »
I think that's the best we can do within the constraints of the site. Obviously in the future you could buy the 3DS portion of this special edition without the PS4 version, and I think that's enough to warrant a separate entry for both.

And I think making a new category specifically tailored for this game wouldn't make sense because adding a (PS4 + 3DS) category implies you need both consoles to run a singular game. And then the issue comes up of which overarching category do you nest that subcategory under (PS4 or 3DS)

I think saying that the PS4 version came with a 3DS version in the description (and vise versa) would be sufficient

The games themselves are just the basic game. The only difference is the 2 fake books and the box ... and those arent region/console specific.

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 10:58:12 am »
There should be entries for each of the pack-in games in their respective categories.
The main item itself should only have 1 entry, which can be in either the PS4, 3DS or Other\Other category.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:52:14 am by tripredacus »

telly

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 02:56:27 pm »
I vote we put the main item into "other". I really don't think it makes sense to pick one platform over the other.
Currently Playing: