Author Topic: Everything is part of a bigger plan.  (Read 3605 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Everything is part of a bigger plan.
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »
EDIT: Also, BD...I'm not sure why you're calling Nickkchilla a "newb" and using then "people in glass houses" adage, but what about doing unto others as you would have them do unto you?

Because he is a newb, it even says "newbie" under his username. Which makes it that much more outrageous that he'd go on a regular members' thread and say he doesn't want to see all of his threads, then get all offended that someone sticks up for Marvel.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:56:08 pm by burningdoom »

Flashback2012

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 02:19:55 am »
EDIT: Also, BD...I'm not sure why you're calling Nickkchilla a "newb" and using then "people in glass houses" adage, but what about doing unto others as you would have them do unto you?

Because he is a newb, it even says "newbie" under his username. Which makes it that much more outrageous that he'd go on a regular members' thread and say he doesn't want to see all of his threads, then get all offended that someone sticks up for Marvel.

Those ranks under our names shouldn't be a gauge for who's a "regular" member or not. If you look at their profiles, there's only about two months worth of time separating the two. Marv may have the "Full Member" moniker but only because he posts A LOT more than Nick does but they've got about the same amount of tenure site-wise.  ;)

Anyway...if everyone's managed to get it out of their system, I believe rather than further hijacking Marv's thread there ought to be a thread raising discussion on whether it's possible for the forums to have some sort of upgrade that has the ability for a topic filtration method to be put in place. I'm a member of other forums where you can ignore/ghost people you don't want to see. That's not something I personally care for and think it would be better if there was some kind of tool in place where someone could "Turn off new notifications for this post" on threads they don't want to see. Deso mentioned the "Unnotify" but apparently that's not a feature available to non-admin/mods.

Also, while I would hate to tell Marv or anyone how/what to post and how often/little to do so but maybe going forward there could be specific posts to bump rather than always making new threads. I'd suggest for threads like this a "Marv's Musings and Deep Thoughts" thread and for his famous comparisons perhaps a "Marv's THIS or THAT Discussion Thread".   ;D At least then people would know what they're getting into and it'd quell a lot of this bickering.  :P

kashell

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:43 am »
Those ranks under our names shouldn't be a gauge for who's a "regular" member or not. If you look at their profiles, there's only about two months worth of time separating the two. Marv may have the "Full Member" moniker but only because he posts A LOT more than Nick does but they've got about the same amount of tenure site-wise.  ;)

Flashback is the voice of reason.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 01:40:29 pm »

It's easier to give advice, than to take it I suppose.

Hello there again, by the way. Nice to see you back so soon!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:02:53 pm by Nickkchilla »

Nickkchilla

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 02:01:46 pm »

Anyway...if everyone's managed to get it out of their system, I believe rather than further hijacking Marv's thread there ought to be a thread raising discussion on whether it's possible for the forums to have some sort of upgrade that has the ability for a topic filtration method to be put in place. I'm a member of other forums where you can ignore/ghost people you don't want to see. That's not something I personally care for and think it would be better if there was some kind of tool in place where someone could "Turn off new notifications for this post" on threads they don't want to see. Deso mentioned the "Unnotify" but apparently that's not a feature available to non-admin/mods.

Also, while I would hate to tell Marv or anyone how/what to post and how often/little to do so but maybe going forward there could be specific posts to bump rather than always making new threads. I'd suggest for threads like this a "Marv's Musings and Deep Thoughts" thread and for his famous comparisons perhaps a "Marv's THIS or THAT Discussion Thread".   ;D At least then people would know what they're getting into and it'd quell a lot of this bickering.  :P

Thank you for that, Flashback.

This is similar to my own thoughts. Those titles are a poor gauge to determine whether someone's a "regular member" here or not. You can be a lurker or read here for years and hardly ever post.  By that same token, we should also rally against and insult every member here that isn't a "Pro Supporter". Doesn't make you any less of a member.

Being called a "newb" is also incredibly amusing to me, as I originally owned another account, "NsShadowSerpent" before both this one and Marv. Well over the two months difference. It had a decent number of posts, but I wanted to change the user name and originally contacted Jason. I learned it was impossible to do it on my own, and had not heard from him in awhile. So I deleted the account and started from scratch.

I agree with some of the suggestions you've made about forum filters, though won't try to murder you due to a difference of opinion. Shocker, I know. I would like to see a new thread regarding this, as this one has been plenty derailed and thrown off-topic enough.

Appreciate the discussion. Either way, I'll be going back to my ridiculous picture posts.

Also did you not see the title of OP's thread?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:45:09 pm by Nickkchilla »

desocietas

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 06:20:28 pm »
If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was Marv's plan all along with this OP ;)

Anyway, can we all just move on to something else? Hostilities and "let me tell you for the third time what I meant the first time" back-and-forths can only be so productive...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas