Author Topic: What to do with CD pic when multiple CD on one release?  (Read 578 times)

jjfly

What to do with CD pic when multiple CD on one release?
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:24:36 pm »
Since  Cart/Disc/Media Art section can only have one picture, what to do on cases where there is multiple CDs on one release? In most cases I would use picture of CD 1 or Play disc but for example in case of Starsiege Universe there is discs of two games: Staesiege and Tribes.  CDs of these two games have completely different art, copyright information and so on.  Should I use image featuring CD from both of these games, all of the CDs or simply randomly choose one of them?

Flashback2012

Re: What to do with CD pic when multiple CD on one release?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:29:49 pm »
Since  Cart/Disc/Media Art section can only have one picture, what to do on cases where there is multiple CDs on one release? In most cases I would use picture of CD 1 or Play disc but for example in case of Starsiege Universe there is discs of two games: Staesiege and Tribes.  CDs of these two games have completely different art, copyright information and so on.  Should I use image featuring CD from both of these games, all of the CDs or simply randomly choose one of them?

If it's multiple discs, then the best option would be to find a picture/image that shows all of the discs in one picture. If there are releases with different disc art, then it should have its own listing in the database (with provided pictures otherwise there's a chance the entry will get flagged as a dupe and merged).

telly

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »
Yeah like Flashback said, if there were two different games included in one box then it warrants a separate release for both with the respective disc art there. If it's just a multi-disc game like PS1, GameCube, etc. Then you would have all the discs in one picture.

Like this.

Hope that helps :)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 11:25:29 am »
Multiple discs should be in the picture, but one disc is OK.
Put the item numbers for all disks in Description field if they have them.