Author Topic: Which do you play more of? Modern games or Retro Games?  (Read 4464 times)

maltaop

Re: Which do you play more of? Modern games or Retro Games?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »
For me it is 50/50. Here lately I've been jumping between three platforms of PS2, PS4, and PC. Having a blast on all three.

kashell

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 10:10:35 am »
I play everything almost equally.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 08:16:12 pm »
100% retro for me I am Still getting used to PlayStation 3 games. The Newest thing I got is a PlayStation 3 slim 250gig upgraded to 500gig of free space.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Schoolboy

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 07:19:57 am »
It's hard to say, this past month has been split pretty evenly between PS2, 360 and Switch.

If I had to pick I would say retro. There are too many good games from the PS2/Xbox/GCN generation to count.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 09:35:21 am »
Since the Switch came out, it's been more modern.  It comes and goes like the tides.  It won't be long and it'll be more Retro again.  Last night I sat down and played a couple of hours of NES. 

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 04:59:38 pm »
For me right now it's 80% modern 20% retro but it always changes

tripredacus

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
I would say Modern 99%

shfan

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 06:18:13 pm »
90% modern 10% retro. It doesn't help that the oldest systems wired-up in the house are the PS1 (via PS2) and N64. Some older PC games get played (playing Titan Quest ATM, which is kinda 6th generation in console terms), but what's really torn it is the PS4's physical scene, the availability of so many titles which differ so much has left me like a kid in a candy store. Ironically, the one thing I would say against the PS4 is that the triple-A releases seem very sparse, but hey there's plenty to play still, like the look of that Surge ;)

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 07:27:05 pm »
I'd say both, usually i always plays 3 games at a time and it's either 2 modern 1 retro or 2 retro modern.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 02:25:22 pm »
It's a healthy balance and it depends on the game.

I'd say my most played would be PS4 and Game Boy.

It used to be mostly Vita.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 10:08:23 pm »
I don't prefer one over the other, I like both and there are days that I feel like playing some good old games and other days I feel like playing the newest titles.

FIFA Ultimate Team (commonly called FUT or sometimes UT) is a mode in FIFA. It enables you build teams using any players from all the leagues to play offline and online to win coins to buy better players or packs which contain random players.playermall.com is the best player to player trade platform
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:55:20 am by mmoseeker »

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 03:53:18 am »
I play it all really. I am more so a fan of retro than anything else. However, I do enjoy modern gaming too a lot. I do not own a XboxOne, a PS4, or a switch. I do most of my modern gaming on PC now of days. I'm not interested enough to go out and buy a XboxOne or a PS4 right now for only a few games that I might play. So I rather wait till later to buy the console when it's cheaper. However, I am greatly interested in the Switch though. I plan on getting one of them sometime in the near future.

For Retro my favorite console has to be the SNES, then the PS2 right after. I actively collect games retro games for NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2. I will go out of my way to grow my collection for these. I also collect Japanese game too for these systems. I have a "modded" SNES Jr that i play Japanese games on. I do collect for other consoles such as sega, n64, gamecube but i don't go out of my way for these games though. If i happen to see games or something i will pick it up if it's not too much. Im hoping one day that i will run into a 3DO, Intellivision, or other consoles that weren't big in the mainstream as others where.

wolfen

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 11:51:36 pm »
Since my first console ever was a Gamecube I pretty much only own or play games that were made from the Gamecube onward, with a few exceptions like Pac-Man and special cases like Sonic Mega Collection which is comprised of exclusively classic Sonic Games. I just can't push myself to play most games that are older than the Gamecube era because of graphical differences and most older games just do not interest me at all.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 10:42:21 pm »
For the most part, it's 'modern.' I don't fall under a console generation umbrella though since I'm primarily a PC gamer. I do play a DS/3DS from time to time for my Nintendo fixes.

I do go back and play old favorites every year though. Still can't get enough 16-bit. :P
PC gamer and enthusiast; C&C fanboy and modder.

mark1982

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 11:01:44 am »
I usually do both at the same time. I play games on my PS4 and I will be playing a retro game as well. It usually takes longer for me to finish retro games these days (rpgs mainly) because I don't play them that often as modern games.

Like now I just finished Watch Dogs 2 and I'm also playing Chrono Cross (again).
  l    l