Author Topic: Duplicate and Error Publishers  (Read 644 times)

telly

Duplicate and Error Publishers
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:24:02 pm »
So now that we can add publishers directly in item submission, I noticed that I can review the very long list of publishers that have been added onto the site over the years. With just a quick scan through them, it seems like there are quite a few dupes, errors or "similar entries".

Some examples that I found were:

"Activision" and "Activitision"

"Codemasters Software Company Limited", "Codemasters Software Company, Ltd" and "Codemasters Software Company Limited, The"

Four listings for "Capcom Co. Ltd" etc... There's a lot that needs to be fixed it seems.  :o

Whether the admins want to use a separate thread for identifying these and fixing them, or if we want to start adding these to the current duplicate and error listings thread, I thought it would be important to at least call attention to this so people know to keep an eye out for this stuff when creating entries.

EDIT: The drop down menu is only viewable when creating a new item, not when editing it
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:31:53 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

jason

Re: Duplicate and Error Publishers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:41:52 pm »
Hi telly,

Thanks for the feedback!

We are currently looking in to the best way to handle the new Developers and Publishers going forward as well as cleanup of the existing ones.

As additionally noted, I still need to update the Edit page as well to make the process easier.

- Jason

telly

Re: Duplicate and Error Publishers
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:43:10 pm »
Sounds good.  :) I know that Desocietas was merging some dupes with errors in the past, so I figured the whole process would be like what we have with duplicate game listings.

I'm also interested in what the consensus will be concerning Co. Vs company, ltd vs limited, etc.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery