Author Topic: Have you ever achieved a full set for a console? Do you think you ever will?  (Read 6802 times)

soera

I have a full North American (US + Canadian) SMS set including all the complete accessories, all games complete, and the entire demo set. Im also working on a CIB PS4 set with all controllers ... and maybe all the limited consoles.

The thing with complete sets is that its not specifically about just not buying the games you dont like. Its about the whole package. Do you think I felt dirty when I bought 2 different farming simulator games? Hell yeah I did. I couldnt even look at myself in the mirror. But supporting your system means taking the bad with the good. And that wall of blue looks beautiful across from that sexy wall of white with black grid.

kashell

I've been kicking around the idea of going for a full Saturn set. The PlayStation 2 is my favorite console of all time, but its library is insane. The Sega Saturn is a close second because I feel like it's underappreciated and full of potential. Lately, whenever I'm out and about, I see if there are any Saturn titles that I never played for sale.

It's been really fun so far. There are some games that I never even heard of until now that I've been able to enjoy like Battle Monsters, Mr. Bones, and The Legend of Oasis.

The only thing that's making me hesitant from committing 100% to this idea is the fact that nearly every game is pricy. Most of the big hurdles have been overcome thanks to gifts from birthdays, valentine's day, anniversaries, etc. but there are still a few titles that will break the bank. But, I do want to play said titles.

We'll see what happens!

guilty0fbeing

I have a lot my online friends go after full sets; I find it dumb. Sure, my backlog may never be played; however, I only buy that which I would play. I have no need for seven Maddens or shovelware, unless it's fun shovelware. If I ever planned on doing it, it would probably be for the Switch, but I don't even own that yet.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I've been kicking around the idea of going for a full Saturn set. The PlayStation 2 is my favorite console of all time, but its library is insane. The Sega Saturn is a close second because I feel like it's underappreciated and full of potential. Lately, whenever I'm out and about, I see if there are any Saturn titles that I never played for sale.

It's been really fun so far. There are some games that I never even heard of until now that I've been able to enjoy like Battle Monsters, Mr. Bones, and The Legend of Oasis.

The only thing that's making me hesitant from committing 100% to this idea is the fact that nearly every game is pricy. Most of the big hurdles have been overcome thanks to gifts from birthdays, valentine's day, anniversaries, etc. but there are still a few titles that will break the bank. But, I do want to play said titles.

We'll see what happens!

That is not something I would want to attempt in 2017. Saturn game prices are stupid high right now. Even the low commons are going for $30 a piece, let alone the pricey shoot-em ups and RPGs.

ferraroso

I think the easiest set to achieve would be for the N64. However, as I usually don't care that much for Nintendo stuff (and because the N64 is, perhaps, the least favorite console in my collection), I don't think I will ever try going for a full set of it.

On the other hand, I would love to have a complete set of any Sega console. Although some rare games can be pretty expensive, I believe that the Japanese versions of the Saturn, DreamCast and Game Gear are all affordable; but unfortunatelly I don't think I will have the time/money to achieve a complete of any of these anytime soon...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:15:01 pm by ferraroso »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I think the easiest set to achieve would be for the N64.

What about systems with minuscule game libraries? Like the Sega 32X or Nintendo Virtual Boy? IIRC, the 32X has around 30, and the Virtual Boy around 20.

kashell

The problem with the Virtual Boy is that there are two titles that show no sign of ever going down in price. Last time I checked, they were in the 300 range.

Waterworld is usually a good couple of hundred bucks.

Jack Bros. has gone for up to 400 dollars. I blame that Atlus logo. The good thing about Jack Bros. is that it can be imported.

N64 is the only console I've considered going for a complete set.  I think I'm about 50 games off from being done and it's mostly sports games left.  I agree with the sentiment that it's useless to pay money for shitty sports games just to buff the set... but when you get them for free or like $1, it really doesn't hurt.

guilty0fbeing

N64 is the only console I've considered going for a complete set.  I think I'm about 50 games off from being done and it's mostly sports games left.  I agree with the sentiment that it's useless to pay money for shitty sports games just to buff the set... but when you get them for free or like $1, it really doesn't hurt.

If you had the space, I'd go for it.

tripredacus

I had once attempted to go for US Genesis releases, but the market caught up with me. :(

ferraroso

What about systems with minuscule game libraries? Like the Sega 32X or Nintendo Virtual Boy? IIRC, the 32X has around 30, and the Virtual Boy around 20.

Sure, you are absolutelly right.
There are also other systems with smaller libraries then the N64 such as the Pioneer LaserActive, the Nokia N-Gage and even the Wii U. However, I still believe that when taking into consideration the current price of the games (at least here in Japan) together with the quality of the releases, the N64 is still the most reasonable full set to pursue (and this is coming a Sega fanboy who has very little affection for Nintendo consoles as a whole and even less for the one that I am "defending" here, haha).

Warmsignal

Well, today I drove for two hours to a far away Walmart just to pick up the "hard to find" Mario & Sonic 2014 Winter Olympics bundle set. Turns out it was marked down to half MSRP. I felt like that was a sign that I should continue my goal after all. Snagged up another copy of Gianna Sisters just because it was $7, then found another title I needed out that way. A few more strokes of luck and I just might feel right about doing it.

full set for a console is really hard for a normal player.

World of Warcraft is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. playermall is no.1 world of warcraft marketplace.It is the fourth released game set in the fantasy Warcraft universe, which was first introduced by Warcraft: Orcs & Humans in 1994.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:56:42 am by mmoseeker »

Limeface

PRO Supporter

I've toyed with the idea of going for a complete 3DS set. Currently I think there are around 500 games physically in the set. I have most of the rare and uncommon games already, so it would mostly be going for the random commons while the system is still actively available in stores. Problem is my collection already takes up a ton of space. Adding hundreds of 3DS games isn't going to help.  :P

guilty0fbeing

full set for a console is really hard for a normal player.

We have normal players here?  :D