Author Topic: Have you ever achieved a full set for a console? Do you think you ever will?  (Read 6770 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

I have a complete set of Microvision games  ;D.

shepard11

I collect to play but the only set I want to complete is my Sega Dreamcast (NA) I had all of the games many years ago. Until I had a falling out with an ex bout 8 years ago and she threw it all away. In the last few years I've really been buckling down and starting to pick up the games again for that system. I'm about half way there now.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

I'm 6 games away from complete n64 set,almost have a complete Xbox 360 set missing about 50 games.Need less than 100 to complete NES set. I understand that some people only collect games they want to play thats cool I respect that.But for me I like more than just the gameplay. Its the act of finding games because I wont buy games online.Mostly its the artwork even if a game sucks I can find somthing to like about it.I have the space and passion for it so why not? I could spend my hard earnd money on worse imo.

retrew

PRO Supporter

I would love to complete the Pal Sega Master System and Megadrive set. When I started collectign there wasn't the scammers and scalpers making it an affordable hobby for me. As usual though someone at to ruin it and make it to expensive.

Large helpings of retro Sega and a pinch of SNK

sin2beta

I know have a complete us 32x collection. Just acquired Spider-Man. Not sure if that counts as it is an add on. But I am slowly going for all the sega console complete sets. I figure I have my whole life to work on it. Collecting is its own activity. Even buying only the best games, I will get more games than I play. I mean I've accidentally gotten too many in steam just from sales.

I I enjoy going for a complete set.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

Finished my Xbox collection this past weekend... Looking to go for complete sets on the Atari 7800, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Sega Dreamcast and PlayStation Portable next. The 7800 and Odyssey 2 will be relatively easy to get, very small libraries. Dreamcast is my next 'challenge'.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

soera

While my hatred of all things Xbox is well known, Bravo to you for finishing the set. Its truly something cool to see someone finish a set.

azure

Thats sweet, congrats! OG Xbox has a lot of great titles that are overlooked.

Finished my Xbox collection this past weekend.
Congrats!

Now put that Far Cry disc back in its case.

turf

PRO Supporter

That's impressive as all hell.  Well done!  Gotta love a complete set!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

very nice that looks awesome!

Finished my Xbox collection this past weekend.
Congrats!

Now put that Far Cry disc back in its case.

That's my play copy, I've got a sealed one on the shelf. :)

Thank you all for the kind words.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:28:20 pm by xsuicidesn0wmanx »

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

theflea

The only systems I have a complete are...
- Microvision
- Tomy Tutor
- Nintendo Virtual Boy
- Sega Dreamcast

I am only missing one game for in my opinion for a conplete NES set. Stadium Events in my opinion is not needed for a complete unless you're going for an all variation collection.
It's the same game as World Class Track Meet. Same game just a different title. To me a complete set is one of every game not one of every variant.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

turf

PRO Supporter

I am only missing one game for in my opinion for a complete NES set. Stadium Events in my opinion is not needed for a complete unless you're going for an all variation collection.
It's the same game as World Class Track Meet. Same game just a different title. To me a complete set is one of every game not one of every variant.

It has a different title screen.  That's the kicker.  Same way that Punch-Out!! and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! are different games. 
I wish I didn't need that for a complete set; but unfortunately, it is a different game. 

tripredacus

To me a complete set is one of every game not one of every variant.

My quest for Sega Genesis fullset was also to include variants. Then I ended up finding variants no one ever posted about. I think it will never be something that can be accomplished!