Author Topic: Do you keep your Amiibos or Other figures sealed or do you open them to display?  (Read 3362 times)

I display mine outside the box along with my other higher end figures. For me, I feel like I'm wasting my money if they're just going to stay in a box the entire time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I don't collect Amiibos, specifically.

But as a game collector and comic collector, I ALWAYS say open it. These things are made to be enjoyed.

I never understood someone sending a comic or a game to be graded, slabbed, and never opened again; for that matter either. I never would.

While I have a backlog, like most people here, I do plan on eventually playing all of my games. I don't buy games I'll never play, unless it's some extra in a lot, and those end up getting traded.

So if I did collect Amiibos, I'm sure I would have the same mentality about it.

spac316

I mostly open all of the ones I bought. But there are some I keep in the package. Like my Gold and Silver Mario's and such.

guilty0fbeing

I use them for BotW.

However, I also open for display.

I don't care for collecting amiibos so I wouldn't leave them sealed unless I knew I bought it just to resell later. I'd take mine out and display them.

I keep all of my amiibo's sealed. I don't ever plan on opening them at all. However i don't go out and buy every and any amiibo i find. I only get ones of characters i like. I have all my amiibos hanging on my wall right now.

aliensstudios

I keep all of my amiibo's sealed. I don't ever plan on opening them at all. However i don't go out and buy every and any amiibo i find. I only get ones of characters i like. I have all my amiibos hanging on my wall right now.
That's how I started: only the characters I like, now I have about 60 of the darn things including the entirety of the Smash set.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."