Author Topic: Play-Asia Physical Exclusives  (Read 6315 times)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:22:17 pm by Limeface »

dreama1

Re: Play-Asia Physical Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 02:36:48 am »
PS4 historians and collectors will have a hard time one day.

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:39:59 am »

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:03 am »
I love PA Exclusives!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 07:16:45 pm »
Upcoming - Semispheres.

2 variants: Blue Box & Orange Box (1,000 copies available for each)

Upcoming - Aerea (1,000 copies)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:08:22 am by puddingm »

soera

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 02:46:40 am »
Purchased Semispheres. Going to pass on the LE for AereA with the US version coming out soon. Signed up for Ghost Blade although I think its going to start an issue with LRG as they signed this game too :o

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 09:24:15 am »
Purchased Semispheres. Going to pass on the LE for AereA with the US version coming out soon. Signed up for Ghost Blade although I think its going to start an issue with LRG as they signed this game too :o
Sounds like LRG might be cancelling their run of Ghost Blade

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2200#p54262

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357745-smallerobscurelimited-physical-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-16#entry13749263

Sounds very much like Play-Asia and LRG have no plans of doubling up like LRG and SRG.  I was passing on a few PA releases because I figured given the EAS involvement that they would wind up on LRG eventually, but it sounds like they won't, which is a shame.

I'm gonna start paying attention to the PA releases since it sounds like they won't be on LRG.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:26:54 am by ignition365 »

argyle

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 09:51:22 am »

I passed on Semispheres when it first went up, but after I saw the announcement for Ghost Blade this morning I began sorta regretting that. Got to work, saw a "last call" preorder email for Semispheres and jumped on it. :)  I passed on AereA as well tho, since the only thing exclusive about it is the pack of cards they're including.

PA exclusives are great. For the same price as I pay for a standard LRG release including shipping (less actually, since the code CENSORED knocks off $3) I get the game, soundtrack, box & numbered cert. LRG would charge an extra $15 for the soundtrack, and probably more shipping (not sure, I've never ordered a soundtrack from them).

EDIT: Incidentally, for that very reason I'll pass on Ghost Blade if it's only offered by LRG. I have enough interest in it to get the bundle from PA, but not enough to pay $30 for just the game. A shame if true. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:57 am »
So is semi-spheres sold out?  I care about that game and it sounds like LRG won't be getting it.

argyle

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:47:35 am »
So is semi-spheres sold out?  I care about that game and it sounds like LRG won't be getting it.

Not if you signed up for the preorder on it. It doesn't show available for me unless I sign in tho, so if you didn't you'll have to wait & hope they have some left when they open it to everyone in a day or so.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:48 am »

Not if you signed up for the preorder on it. It doesn't show available for me unless I sign in tho, so if you didn't you'll have to wait & hope they have some left when they open it to everyone in a day or so.
Ah, what a bummer.  I'll have to start doing the priority preorder thing.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 11:06:10 pm »

Semispheres is available to purchase for anyone now.

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 01:56:48 am »

Semispheres is available to purchase for anyone now.

I just spent the last hour or so on that site because I saw the mention of the sign-in a few posts up so I went on there to see if it would let me order Semispheres and it did.  :)

I had a coupon to use from my Blue Rider purchase that was set to expire in just over a week so I wanted to add Sturmwind for the DC to my order since it was on their sale for $26.99. I go to add it and it says "SOLD" and now the price reverted to $39.99.  ???  >:(  :(

As a result, I ended up going with Soldner X.  :P

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 11:05:42 pm »
Well I got Semispheres, which was pretty fun to play at PAX, and Parappa the Rapper for PS4.

I also pre-ordered White Day from VGP since I saw it on PA and it looked interesting but it was cheaper on VGP... plus free soundtrack.