Author Topic: What if we are just imagining all of this?  (Read 1019 times)

What if we are just imagining all of this?
« on: May 19, 2017, 06:31:36 am »
What if we are an isotope 1 billionth the diameter of a pin head floating through a vast space of dark matter, a thick blanket of nothing surrounds us and we are just a tiny particle of spiritual energy that has imagined a false reality around itself and has become so complex metaphysically and mentally that it can convince itself of a false paradox that never existed.  Below us is nothing, above us is nothing.  All around is nothing.  We just made the world and universe up in our heads so we would never spend eternity alone. Kinda like how people with mental illnesses will create imaginary friends or split personalities to comfort themselves and to find solace within themselves.  Through the life span of a cell.  All of what we know isn't really there...   maybe we are all that is.  You reading this and every action from here on was all just imagined by you.  You are 100 percent alone.  Dark space envelops you.  How can we ever be sure of anything?

Imagination is powerful.  What if we are just trapped in our own imagination.  How can we ever be sure what existed before us and what exists because of us?    Maybe we made all this up.   Maybe the time frame in which we have existed is as long as the "universe" itself.  And we the god to create it all without knowing.  Me are omnipotent but not self aware of being such.  How can we be sure we aren't immortal without dying first?   Sure every human has died before but you aren't every other human..... 

What is the purpose of us being here and what is the reason for everything existing?  Do you think we will ever know why everything is how it is?  Why is all of what happens happening?  What is the grand scheme of it all?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:42:35 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

guilty0fbeing

Re: What if we are just imagining all of this?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:19:47 am »
Nope.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 09:48:39 am »
if im just imagining all of this then I do not have a very vivid imagination. where are my flying dragons? where is my teleportation? where is my army of minions doing my dirty work while I take over the world? I mean FFS why haven't you guys been sending me random video games all the time? these are pressing questions!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 11:25:36 am »
I guess if I can't tell the difference than it doesn't really matter does it?

indenton

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 01:34:37 pm »
Baka

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 11:38:36 pm »
Why would I imagine a reality where I'll probably die of some horrible disease and convince myself of all the sickness and misery of my own body, with the fear that I'll eventually cease to be for the rest of eternity? That's not a comforting scenario, so I can just change it right? No, I can't. There are a lot of things worse than feeling alone. I don't need the company of the many horrors of life as we know it.

I think we were put here for a reason, and in a way I think that reason is to work towards understanding our creator, to unlock the secrets of the cosmos. But first, we must get beyond our pettiness of killing and cheating one another for a power or money grab. People care about wealth and power more than they care about truth. In 2017, we're still warring over our own mass-mental illness, rather than really pushing the species forward in true space exploration. The so-called space race was a petty race for the ego of a few nations. Earth is the starting point, but it's our limited chance to get started, and we still haven't left it yet. We're a disappointing bunch. Too caught up in the idiocy that is policy making and domineering on Earth, to care about our fragile state of existence and our need to populate the stars.

We can't ever find the answers if we don't actually seek for them, which we for the most part don't do. We instead continue to reassure ourselves that we know them, or that there are no answers and most are content, and let's face it most of us can't rub enough brain cells together to do something worthwhile other than reproduce.