Author Topic: Have you ever sold/traded a game that you wish you didn't?  (Read 6267 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Have you ever sold/traded a game that you wish you didn't?
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2017, 11:49:55 am »
My story is a bit more painful. I was living with a girl around the time Morrowind was current (the reason I mention that has to do with the story). I loved Morrowind like no other. I used to come home from work and play til I would be too tired to continue and go to bed, wake up and start all over again. Well, I also had a sweet PS1 collection at the time and a lot of well cared for SMS/NES/SNES games too like DW 1-4, Chrono Trigger, etc. The girlfriend was sick and tired of me spending more time with Morrowind than her. So one day while I was at work she took all of my game stuff to Game Xchange and sold it all off. She got $40 for everything. That included my CIB copy of Magic knight Rayearth and my CIB + guide book copy of Valkyrie profile. When I got home, she told me what she did, gave me the $40 and told me she was leaving.

I have since replaced every single piece other than that CIB+guide book of Valkyrie profile. Replaced her too.

You could have filed a police report against her for stealing your stuff and pawning it. $40 is what Game Xchange gave for it, but who knows what it was actually worth? Over a certain amount and you're talking serious criminal charges of theft. Considering today's market values, it could easily be grand theft. I would definitely throw the books at them.

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2017, 08:39:03 am »
I traded in almost everything I had for the GameCube to Game Crazy to get my Wii.  I didn't have anything majorly high dollar at the time, but what I miss most are the memory cards I wasn't thinking about when I made the trade.  All my Resident 4 and Wind Waker progress.

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2017, 04:33:15 pm »
Oh I certainly have, lots of Zelda stuff has been let go, but I'm in the process of getting it all back. :)
My collection is a bit weird because of spur of the moment trades or sales, now working on building it all back up.

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 05:33:56 pm »
I sold my SNES collection with all cartridges.

When I remember about this I get sad but in that ocasion I really needed the money got from it.

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 04:17:58 pm »
I traded crash bash with The Urbz, not made about the trade just wish I still had crash bash lol