Author Topic: Who is your favorite sidekick ever?  (Read 1461 times)

Who is your favorite sidekick ever?
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:58:19 am »
Throughout gaming their has always been a illustrious line up of the role playing heroes in the shadows that don't get quite the shine as their main buddy but are still epic and powerful.  A lot of the times the sidekicks are even more likable.  :D.   What is your favorite video game sidekick of all time? :)

My favorite Side Kick is Pikachu.  Although sometimes it seems more like Ash is Pikachu's side kick  ;D.   

Pikachu is cute, cuddly, ridiculously powerful, quick and i love him in smash bros.  But technically in video games he is a side kick because your character plays main role of protagonist.  It's hard to say though.  :)

But for traditional well known side kicks.  My favorite is Yoshi.   Yoshi is loyal and brave and he takes his own life just to make sure mario makes the jump.  He's the most heroic side kick for me.  :D

doafan

Re: Who is your favorite sidekick ever?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 12:01:24 pm »
For me is Dom and I do appreciate this mothafucka even more than Marcus  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:57:14 pm »
I'm going to go real simple here:

Diddy Kong
How many sidekicks are as diversified as this guy? He has enough popularity and clout to be the star of Donkey Kong Country 2 just a year after the first game released, he headlined a racing game which also has Banjo and Conker in it, he even joins the Nintendo crew and the Smash Bros. roster. He's the one and only character in the Smash Bros. series to not be created in Japan. To me, just the sheer variety of universes and characters he has appeared in games with make him cool, but he's also very endearing and funny. To me, he's hands down my favorite sidekick.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 01:01:41 pm »
Favourite movie sidekick

Mr gibbs the 2nd man, that editiot that pretty much always follows orders without complaint, yet if it the captain ain't around pretty smart. In some cases in a lazy and cruel way towards the lower ranking crew members of the ship.

The fifth pirates movie was pretty great, one of the few big 3 movie series wich deserves to be watched in the cinema's.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:24:25 pm »
The Wind Mouse Hanpan from Wild ARMs. Not only is he useful for puzzle solving, but he's the voice of reason for the party. I'm not sure why he joined Jack in the first place.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »
The Wind Mouse Hanpan from Wild ARMs. Not only is he useful for puzzle solving, but he's the voice of reason for the party. I'm not sure why he joined Jack in the first place.

God, what a throwback.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 01:45:57 pm »
I freaking HATE cutesy or teen sidekicks. Especially teen sidekicks to superheroes. Robin is the stupidest character ever. Not only does it not make sense to put a kid in danger, but it also just makes the hero look goofy.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 02:31:37 pm »
Yoshi and Clank

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 09:12:09 pm »
These 2 from Ash vs Evil Dead

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 10:16:54 am »
These 2 from Ash vs Evil Dead

Very true, they are pretty awesome
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 12:32:21 pm »
Diablo II Rogue. Can equip Faith bow, shown here above Malah, above werewolf. Has an orange (Fanatacism) aura.

There is a paladin with the same aura to the right of the portal. Rogues are ranged and will evade or move to ranged distance which keeps them alive, yet the keep close enough to the player to grant the aura. My character in this picture is the werewolf (Noisemaze in the chat) and the Rogue is named Faith and her portrait it at the top. When the rogue has faith bow and then my werewolf has the aura, he is able to get the "2 Frame" attack (skills and items also get to this) which is the fastest attack possible in the game. While it is possible to get this type of attack speed in other ways, you do not need to sacrifice your weapon (use faith yourself) and can offload that weapon to the mercenary.

thewelshman

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 10:31:28 am »
For me is Dom and I do appreciate this mothafucka even more than Marcus  8)

Damn, you beat me to that one. I always felt Dom was the perfect representation of the faithful friend. He busts you out of jail, follows you into hell and back. Not that Marcus didn't return the love.

doafan

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »
I always felt Dom was the perfect representation of the faithful friend.

I might sound gay but he's the representation of what a true friend has to be.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

shepard11

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 02:39:01 pm »
Rush from the Mega Man series. Mega Man is my all time favorite game series (suck it Capcom). And when he first appeared in Mega Man 3 was my favorite part of that game. And really who hasn't growing or now had a dog that is their best friend in the world.?