Poll

Pick which you think we should do

Put the item as the Front_Art, leave Back_Art and Cart_Art blank
11 (52.4%)
Put front of item in Front_Art, back of item in Back_Art, other view in Cart_Art
4 (19%)
Put item as Cart_Art and leave Front_Art and Back_Art blank
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 10:56:48 am

Author Topic: Style Guide Poll #1: Front image for items without packaging  (Read 2035 times)

tripredacus

Re: Style Guide Poll #1: Front image for items without packaging
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 10:00:44 am »
Screenshots were not considered because many items in this category are not games and thus have no screenshots.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 10:39:19 am »
Screenshots were not considered because many items in this category are not games and thus have no screenshots.
The only existing examples given were video games.

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 12:27:12 pm »
I intended this to be for everything but only had posted the video game entry examples. They were used to show some of the different ways items were currently done. Since those entries covered that, there were no accessory entries (such as controller or RF unit, I looked at those also before posting) with a different type of arrangement, they weren't posted. I used the term "item" specifically to not single out games.

tripredacus

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 10:48:00 am »
Bump, one day remaining. Hope it isn't a tie.  :o

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 08:18:13 am »
I think the better response, which is more work, yes, but likely the right thing to do... is that if an item does not have "Front Art" the display should default, next, to the "Cart" image.

If no image is available for either, then whatever, keep displaying the no image available.

That or let the users decide what appear in their collection (ie: if you have a loose game, you could choose to show the Cart_Art picture in your collection, that could also be used for items that don't have packaging) but since those options are not available for now i choose the option to put the picture of the item as Front_Art and leave the others blank (even if i think that we should also put the picture of the item in Cart_Art too).

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:18 am »
I think the better response, which is more work, yes, but likely the right thing to do... is that if an item does not have "Front Art" the display should default, next, to the "Cart" image.

If no image is available for either, then whatever, keep displaying the no image available.

That or let the users decide what appear in their collection (ie: if you have a loose game, you could choose to show the Cart_Art picture in your collection, that could also be used for items that don't have packaging) but since those options are not available for now i choose the option to put the picture of the item as Front_Art and leave the others blank (even if i think that we should also put the picture of the item in Cart_Art too).
I think that's the thing that skews this whole voting thing.  I think more folks would vote for "Cart Art" if the site would either default to whatever is available or let the user pic which image is displayed.

So say one of these things gets implemented, do we have ANOTHER vote for this exact topic?

tripredacus

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 10:38:26 am »
Style Guide updated:
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,22.msg155.html

For further ideas for things to be voted on, please post into this thread: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8361.0.html