Author Topic: Amiibo's Exclusivity  (Read 886 times)

athmaus

Amiibo's Exclusivity
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:31:02 pm »
I am so sick of the amiibo exclusivity everywhere.  I had no idea that the three latest Link Amiibos were exclusive.
Majora's Mask - Best Buy
Skyward Sword - Amazon
Twilight Princess - GameStop

Which means i will never get these like the other exclusive ones during the Smash run: IE: Meta Knight and so many others.  I hate it because they also seem to have a very limited run.

We were in Germany & Italy and saw that they still had every amiibo out on stock on display in GameStops and other electronic stores (hey gotta find free bathrooms somewhere right)

Just insane and really annoying, now i will be missing three Zelda series amiibos  >:(

Re: Amiibo's Exclusivity
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »
The store exclusivity crap isn't even the most annoying thing about the Amiibos either. the fact that Nintendo is more than aware of the demand behind these, yet here we are, nearly 3-years after the Amiibos were first released and most Gamestop stores only got 4 or less of their exclusive in, while Best Buy had maybe 3 or 4 left after fulfilling their preorders. And then there is Amazon, which I've seen on a lot of forums where people were able to check out, only to get an email from Amazon saying that they were unable to fulfill their order do to insufficient stock. And what makes this even more inexcusable is that these are Amiibos meant to be used in Breath of the Wild, Nintendo's current flagship game which is receiving a fairly significant DLC pack in a few days. They know people want these for their game, yet ironically very few will be able to use them when the DLC comes out.

This relatively new marketing tactic of keep stock limited to drive up demand that Nintendo is using is such an enormous middle finger to their fans and customers that it kind of makes me want to boycott new Nintendo products. Between the Amiibos, the NES Classic, and hell, even their newest game console, this is not a coincidence. They are making us put our lives on hold to obtain many of their products or pretty much saying, yeah, pay 3 or 4 times what this thing retails for on eBay, scalpers need t eat to you know.

I completely agree with you though, the exclusivity shit just makes a bad situation even worse with the Amiibos, and even if they do restock these, which I'm assuming they will eventually, be ready to see them disappear in hours once they hit store shelves.

athmaus

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 02:11:28 pm »
I sure hope the champion amiibo are not exclusive.....

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »
I sure hope the champion amiibo are not exclusive.....

They are not, but some of the new Smash Amiibos are.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 02:46:29 pm »
Yeah, that's one big reason why I wound up getting Japanese imports for most of my Smash series.

soera

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:50:00 pm »
People wonder why I jumped off the Nintendo train. They pull stuff like this a whole lot lately. I just found out today that Gamestop may not be doing pre-orders for the SNES classic cause NOA cant give them a somewhat reliable number of how many they are going to allow them to sell.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:37:49 pm »
Yeah i think it sucks, but i kind of understand why the print runs are not meeting demand again and being exclusive to some retailers.. i think it's because of how many retailers still have Amiibo from several years ago that nobody is buying now, i.e. Animal crossing and some smash characters, so they're not prepared to order that many beyond a set amount of pre-orders out of fear of being stuck with them. Heck even the original set of botw amiibo didn't exactly sell well except for the few that had a low print run, so ofc people bought them out to scalp them and the rest sold relativly slowly taking months to sell (at least around here)... Sorry you didn't get any of them. :/ Maybe there will be a reprint in the future. I missed the Eb Games exclusive due to being at work during the time they went up....