Author Topic: July 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 7847 times)

Warmsignal

Re: July 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2017, 08:47:29 pm »
Had a neat little find last Friday for $20.  Not terrible at all these days.

Megaman X5
Megaman 8
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

Red GBA SP

I left a few laying yesterday.  It was a $20 group of 5 PS2 games that GoodWill wouldn't break up.  Megaman X7 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 were in there but Marvel Vs Capcom was in a generic case.  They wouldn't even let me open them to make sure the disc was there.  I left them for the next guy.
That's just shit.  One of my Goodwills tried that shit and I flipped my shit on the manager because they have their policy about no returns AND they won't let me look at what I'm buying before I buy it.  Cases were all empty.

Wow, so Goodwill is now forcing people to buy games on good faith and not letting them return it if the disks look like they were used as a coaster, much less if the disk is actually in there? I knew Goodwill was a sham charity group and they've become greedy as all hell, but this is some scam artist BS right here.
Goodwill is a corporation

Supposed to be a non-profit business. You know, a charity of sorts. Yet, of all the donations they receive, video games are the one thing they like to gouge people on.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:49:56 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2017, 01:40:57 am »

Megaman X5
Megaman 8

Red GBA SP

I left a few laying yesterday.  It was a $20 group of 5 PS2 games that GoodWill wouldn't break up.  Megaman X7 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 were in there but Marvel Vs Capcom was in a generic case.  They wouldn't even let me open them to make sure the disc was there.  I left them for the next guy.
That's just shit.  One of my Goodwills tried that shit and I flipped my shit on the manager because they have their policy about no returns AND they won't let me look at what I'm buying before I buy it.  Cases were all empty.

Wow, so Goodwill is now forcing people to buy games on good faith and not letting them return it if the disks look like they were used as a coaster, much less if the disk is actually in there? I knew Goodwill was a sham charity group and they've become greedy as all hell, but this is some scam artist BS right here.

Supposed to be a non-profit business. You know, a charity of sorts. Yet, of all the donations they receive, video games are the one thing they like to gouge people on.

They are a 100% for profit company, nothing goes to charity. I know their name implies that- but they support nothing but making money on donations. 

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:29 am »

Megaman X5
Megaman 8

Red GBA SP

They are a 100% for profit company, nothing goes to charity. I know their name implies that- but they support nothing but making money on donations.
Despite the fact that folks like to throw this around, Goodwill is in fact a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.  Yes, they have a revenue of over $5 billion, 87% of that goes directly to their charitable and community programs.  The other 13% goes towards business costs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:15:47 am by ignition365 »

rayne315

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2017, 10:04:32 am »
I cant tell you guys how many people I know that received job training through a good will sponsored program. they sponsor a local weld shop to teach people a good paying trade.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2017, 12:59:56 pm »
I personally teach computers to some disabled adults that have gotten jobs at Goodwill, when they likely would not have been hired elsewhere.

So I can personally say that I know Goodwill does good.

Do some profits go into people's pockets? Well of course, they have bills to pay as well. But what other corporation do you know that trains, gives jobs to, and helps disabled adults get jobs elsewhere with their profits? This includes training, job searching, paperwork help, providing them proper clothing and materials to find a job or to accommodate them for a job that requires it.