Author Topic: NES Classic Help  (Read 1710 times)

NES Classic Help
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:38:35 pm »
Hey everyone,
I bought an NES Classic for my brother and he's having some trouble with it. Basically, every game that we try to play looks glitched as hell (the colors are wrong, the sound is weird, and words are illegible. I bought it from a store and they plugged it into a TV at the store to show me it worked. I only cleaned the outside of it when I got home by lightly spraying windex on a rag then wiping it down. The only things I can think of it being are 1) the cables (I threw out the tv cable it came with because it was disgusting and grabbed one I had lying around) or 2) his TV which is fairly new.

Thoughts/suggestions?

desocietas

Re: NES Classic Help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 02:31:29 pm »
Hey everyone,
I bought an NES Classic for my brother and he's having some trouble with it. Basically, every game that we try to play looks glitched as hell (the colors are wrong, the sound is weird, and words are illegible. I bought it from a store and they plugged it into a TV at the store to show me it worked. I only cleaned the outside of it when I got home by lightly spraying windex on a rag then wiping it down. The only things I can think of it being are 1) the cables (I threw out the tv cable it came with because it was disgusting and grabbed one I had lying around) or 2) his TV which is fairly new.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I assume it might be the cables. Do you have other cables you can test it with?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:00:50 pm »
Like the little Mini NES that came out last year?  The HDMI one with 30 games built in?  I can't imagine why that wouldn't work.

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 03:46:16 pm »
Hey everyone,

Thoughts/suggestions?

first make sure its not your hdmi cables. if it is not the reason then return it to where you got it and get your money back. there is no reason it should be doing that. either you bought it second hand and they shipped you a unit that they damaged, or it was shipped damaged from Nintendo and you should claim a warranty
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 04:14:13 pm »
Are you sure it is official? I noticed some of 2nd hand shops in my area selling the bootleg variety.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:07:59 pm »
did you blow in it?

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 10:50:07 pm »
did you blow in it?

;D

If it's not running video through HDMI then it's a bootleg and you got had.  If it is a bootleg I would wager that the video problems are probably inherent.  One that slipped by quality assurance, there isn't much you can do.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:15:43 pm by ffxik »

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 01:37:23 am »
Where did you get it? There have been a recent string of clone NES Classics that look very identical from the official one so for all we know you may have gotten a clone.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 06:01:15 am »
I think that it is a pirated version :(

Nickkchilla

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 12:02:06 pm »
I'm curious as well. There have been a string of Chinese clones circulating online and around my area. I'm not sure of the quality though there have been issues with them. I'd imagine getting upsold on a clone system wouldn't sit well with most either.

Anyway, they look something like this:

Can you post a picture of your system?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:09:04 pm by Nickkchilla »

doafan

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 12:20:03 pm »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy