Author Topic: The First Video Games We Can Remember Playing  (Read 2514 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The First Video Games We Can Remember Playing
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 10:34:45 pm »
Faint memories of playing Burgertime, Pac-Man, Q*Bert, and Frogger on my older sister's Atari 2600.

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:07 am »
My first memories would be in no particular order.

Tetris/Dr. Mario/TMNT on Gameboy
Surround/Maze Craze on Atari 2600

kashell

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 09:06:35 am »
Frogger.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:13 am »
The first games I remember playing... hmm....

I think it was Atari 2600 stuff.  Stampede, Crystal Castles, Pac-Man, E.T., Missile Command, Baseball, and Football.  I'm pretty  sure those were some of my first games.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 10:38:00 am »
My dad used to go to a lot of sports bars when I was growing up and there was one in particular called No Frills Grill that had about 4 arcade cabinets/pinball machines. I remember at a really yoing age playing Elvira's Scared Stiff pinball and also Offroad. In terms of consoles, that would be the Sega Genesis and Sonic when I was about 5. Playing Sonic left such a lasting impression on me I actually ended up getting my own Genesis that same year for my birthday.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »
Probably the first game I ever played was arcade Space Invaders. Maybe Asteroids around the same time.
First home console game was most likely Combat, which came with my Atari 2600, but I don’t remember if we got more games when my dad bought the console.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:41:29 pm by undertakerprime »

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 10:11:30 pm »
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventure, and probably Sonic 1. These are the earliest memories I remember. I actually barely remember playing either, and I also barely remember the period that I had a Genesis, but I have very specific and narrow memories of these games, The first stage of Sonic of course, and a point in Pac-Man where you get slammed in a door that's opening.

The majority of my early memories are with the Playstation, games like Frogger, Blasto, and Crash Bandicoot.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 12:07:44 am »

The first game I ever remember fully playing was Super Mario 64 when I was 3 years old in 1999 :).  My dad bought me an N64 for either christmas or my birthday that year with a few games. Smash went on to be a top 5 game of all time for me and one of the most nostalgic and sentimental titles I own and love :D.

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 01:24:28 am »

The first game I ever remember fully playing was Super Mario 64 when I was 3 years old in 1999 :).  My dad bought me an N64 for either christmas or my birthday that year with a few games. Smash went on to be a top 5 game of all time for me and one of the most nostalgic and sentimental titles I own and love :D.

One of my favorite games of all time. I’m dating myself, but I was 10 when it came out and I was hooked!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 09:33:26 am »

One of my favorite games of all time. I’m dating myself, but I was 10 when it came out and I was hooked!
You’re dating yourself?
I just said my first was Space Invaders...and the cabinet was located by a Sears customer service counter, back when arcade games were found in all kinds of places, like restaurant waiting rooms. Now THAT’s dating yourself  ;D

But, I bet someone here started back on the Magnavox Odyssey, or Pong, or maybe even Spacewar on an oscillator  ;)

shepard11

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:14:20 am »
I read this post and I'm like okay now I don't feel so old. The first game I ever played and remember playing is Planet Patrol for the 2600. Now I'm feeling old.

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 01:22:46 pm »

You’re dating yourself?
I just said my first was Space Invaders...and the cabinet was located by a Sears customer service counter, back when arcade games were found in all kinds of places, like restaurant waiting rooms. Now THAT’s dating yourself  ;D

But, I bet someone here started back on the Magnavox Odyssey, or Pong, or maybe even Spacewar on an oscillator  ;)

Ha! you make a good point. I have to say, I remember seeing arcades in almost all pizza joints I would end up at when I was younger. Though the one that really stood out to me was Mortal Kombat. That cabinet was everywhere!

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 02:28:25 am »
Possibly it was Pokémon Gold.

I remember I was a young age and I thought for some reason the reason Professor Elm calls you to say something bad happened was because he had a Muk in his lab (like in one episode of the Pokémon anime where Ash sends Professor Oak a Muk) rather than to report his Pokémon was stolen.

I laugh about it now.  ;D

I would also play my older brother's Pokémon Red and Blue copies, and found a Pokémon Yellow cart for really cheap at a car boot sale (as would be expected for a car boot sale which is like a UK equivalent of a garage sale where you go somewhere, park your car and set up a stall to sell goods). I have kept it ever since.

I also found an unlicensed Pokémon Crystal game at a car boot sale many years ago. I don't know if it was the infamous "Viatnamese Crystal" but I sent it back because I personally don't like to keep bootlegs (though I don't mind too much about unlicensed software).
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿