Author Topic: Do you buy or keep your retro consoles with the box?  (Read 1977 times)

Re: Do you buy or keep your retro consoles with the box?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 01:34:32 pm »
For games I need the box, period. For consoles and joysticks/arcade sticks I really prefer to have the box and will pay or trade extra for it, but it's not 100% crucial.
I got boxed AV Famicom, Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Saturn, Gameboy Color, Wonderswan, PS1, DS + various clone consoles and newer systems. Currently looking for boxed Videopac G7000/G7400, Amiga 500/600/1200, C64 and PC Engine.

I recently put up an empty Game & Watch Donkey Kong box for auction in a Facebook retro gaming group (lost the game as a kid but still had the box). It sold for US$ 64.00. But that counts as a game box of course :)

Re: Do you buy or keep your retro consoles with the box?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 11:44:24 am »
I've spent much of the past year collecting empty boxes(with styro) and manuals for my incomplete games and consoles. I agree that sometimes the price can get a bit out of control and have myself spent way too much on an empty box. But many of my friends have never seen half of these items at all, much less boxed with all of the inserts.

My current focus is on finding a box w/styro and inserts for my Dreamcast, Master System and SegaCD to complete my Sega collection and an original Game Boy box to complete my Nintendo collection.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).