Author Topic: Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection Announced  (Read 1860 times)

telly

Re: Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection Announced
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:35 pm »
Yes! I need to play a Star Force game one of these days.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

hexen

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 12:13:37 am »
Huh... odd after 9 & 10 having the NES style they move onto what is reminiscent of Might No. 9's look... something i think they'd wanna distance themselves from. I'd prefer they stuck with the 8-bit look, or maybe moved onto the 16-bit aesthetic.

As for the X collection... I already own 2 separate Mega Man collections as well as all the original games. I might just stick with the X series on their original format this time, which is pretty good considering how much the X SNES games go for now. I am missing Mega Man X8... but I mean, it's Mega Man X8... I'd only get it for collection purposes anyways.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

kashell

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:17:35 am »
Well, I'm excited.

Mega Man 11 is giving me some Mega Man 8 vibes mixed with enough modern touches to keep things fresh. I'm really looking forward to this.

I have no qualms about buying another Mega Man X Collection. Mega Man X3 and Mega Man X4 will get the most attention, but it's nice knowing that all of them are on there. I can get rid of my copies of X7 and X8 on the PS2.

Fun fact. I've played Mega Man X4 on the PlayStation, the Saturn, the X Collection on PS2, the X Collection on the Game Cube, and the Vita. Seriously, my favorite Mega Man of all time.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:28 am »
I must be the only person alive who actually did not mind no9. I enjoyed it for what it was.

I do hope this game makes physical. Would like to add it to the rest of my MMs.

You're not the only one.  I had a lot of fun with Mighty No. 9

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:18 am »
Im not a fan of the series, but i guess this is good news for those that are fans. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Mighty no. 9.

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:39 pm »
I don't get why 8 bit and 16 bit visuals have become some sort of taboo witchcraft developers refuse to indulge in. This has been the trend with the Mario franchise too with the 3D modern graphics on the side scroller formula and I never like them visually.  It looks wierd and funky.  I am so used to seeing megaman and mario in the 8 or 16 bit beauty.  These franchises appeal to us because of what once was.  The push to modern visuals and level design usually always leaves something lacking imo.

I'm definitely interested but not getting my hopes up too much as I don't remember liking a mega man in quite some time.  I only love the 16 bit and 8 bit ones.  I just wish they'd emulate an homage in the 8 bit style for the anniversary and really bring the retro flare back.  The modern ones tried too hard and lost something in the process.  Less catchy less epic music and just more watered down and cliche imo.  :)

Megaman X collection on the other hand makes me whatever amount it costs broker lol.  :D.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:59:50 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »
Glad to see Mega Man still has life! But I already own the Mega Man X Collection on PS2....when are we gonna get a Game Boy Mega Man collection? That's what I want to see! (And of course Mega Man Legends 3.)

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »
I don't get why 8 bit and 16 bit visuals have become some sort of taboo witchcraft developers refuse to indulge in. This has been the trend with the Mario franchise too with the 3D modern graphics on the side scroller formula and I never like them visually.  It looks wierd and funky.  I am so used to seeing megaman and mario in the 8 or 16 bit beauty.  These franchises appeal to us because of what once was.  The push to modern visuals and level design usually always leaves something lacking imo.

I'm definitely interested but not getting my hopes up too much as I don't remember liking a mega man in quite some time.  I only love the 16 bit and 8 bit ones.  I just wish they'd emulate an homage in the 8 bit style for the anniversary and really bring the retro flare back.  The modern ones tried too hard and lost something in the process.  Less catchy less epic music and just more watered down and cliche imo.  :)

Megaman X collection on the other hand makes me whatever amount it costs broker lol.  :D.

They made two more NES Mega Man games last gen.  There's 8 total 8 bit Mega Man games.  Technically 9 if we count the Street Fighter crossover fan game they gave their support to.  We don't need anymore! lol Possibly would've been the worst decision to make another bland NES rehash.  Now 16 bit has more potential, but there's nothing wrong with 3D.  To me, a 3D game allows them for more creative freedom if they actually want to do something new with the series, such as new weapons changing Mega Man physically and whatever that crazy power up mode was, among other things. 

I'm just hoping they aren't playing it TOO safe with the game.  It has the potential to be underwhelming if it's the same, short, experience as the classic games.  I'd actually like to see it done that rather than just one level and a boss, there's essentially a world or area, and it's like 3 to 5 stages, with minibosses, and then a final boss fight.  It doesn't need to be the same pattern it always was.

indenton

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 05:00:32 pm »
Oh that's right I just remembered, the X Collection was never released in Europe, so that's cool!

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:45 am »
I already own both of the Legacy Collections for my PS4, but I would totally be down getting them both again for Switch so I can play them portable.