Author Topic: Zelda Collection Advice  (Read 2115 times)

sworddude

Re: Zelda Collection Advice
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 07:53:37 pm »
My only advice is, beware of bootlegs when you get to the handhelds. There's a lot of fake Minish Cap out there.
Still the reason I don't own it, it's the only one I don't have too. Coming across it in the wild so I can verify it's authenticity is the only way I'll buy, and so far, I haven't seen it.

I actually do own it, but mine's sealed- and given the price difference between sealed & loose, I kinda want to get a different copy & sell mine.

Given how hard it is to get an authentic one, though, maybe I'll just keep mine & open it- it's hard to pass on that kinda profit though.

I's pretty easy to spot a fake It's not that hard as allot of you seem to think  :o

Also There plenty of authetic ones on ebay and if it turns out to be fake you will be fully refunded There are not many sellers who are trying to scam people with these things anymore thanks to  paypal.  Bootlegs will be sold as bootlegs and they are cheap I don't see the issue here unless your not willing to pay ebay prices and want to wait for a cheap copy to turn up and even than you figure when it is legit or not especially if it is in a non gamers hand It's most likely an original especially if the price is low.

It's not a rare game plenty of legit copies around.

also if your really that worried just ask for a picture of the lable with the imprinting I have not seen any bootlegs with imprints as one of the factors to check for an original.

Pretty easy to see when one is legit not to mention if it really is fake It's illegal to sell as an original thus a refund

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Minish-Cap-for-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-100-Authentic-/323249331538?epid=43856345&hash=item4b43295d52%3Ag%3A2ywAAOSwIzBa87I0&nma=true&si=E8DGEDYXkOu6wFsyOk5uqulA2tI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Personally, it's not high on the list. I'm not terribly interested in playing it. For myself, that's the boundary I set: finding a legitimate copy in the wild. That way I have an actual excuse to grab it. Otherwise, I'm not going to seek it out online.

I see I'm just saying that a legitimate copy is very easy to get online there is no need to be scared about getting a fake one plenty of legit copies around not to mention the game is not that expensive by any means. Also very easy to detect when you ask for certain pictures or from a game dealer you can even ask pics from the inside of the board.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Re: Zelda Collection Advice
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 10:06:23 pm »
I see I'm just saying that a legitimate copy is very easy to get online there is no need to be scared about getting a fake one plenty of legit copies around not to mention the game is not that expensive by any means. Also very easy to detect when you ask for certain pictures or from a game dealer you can even ask pics from the inside of the board.

Maybe true, but three main things for me:

1) I simply don't want to go through the effort of asking for extra pictures, or the hassle of opening a dispute if I do get a fake.

2) There are a LOT of retro shops around where I live. So, I have decent odds of getting one in person if I really look for it.

3) There are many, many other games on the ol' want list.

Which all boils down to 'I don't feel like putting forth the effort on it.' I like to bring it up when it's relevant becuase part of me hopes a sealed collector will message me and offer me a replacement copy plus some cash (effectively doing the work for me :p)

Good call on bringing up the imprint, though- that's currently one of the best ways to see if a game is authentic or not within the Game Boy lineup. I'm sure someday they'll fake that too, but now it's a great thing to know about.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:07:59 pm by hoshichiri »