Author Topic: 2018 Games You Are Excited For  (Read 3094 times)

Re: 2018 Games You Are Excited For
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »
The thing people don't realize is that before Battlefront 2, EA had already implemented this with NFS:Payback.  You couldn't upgrade your car without lootboxes.  Nobody batted an eye until you had Darth Vader locked behind a paywall.  EA took it a step too far with Battlefront 2 in the public's eye.  I think they had taken it too far when the lootboxes exceeded past cosmetic upgrades.

Tons of people noticed, it happened as the Battlefront 2 backlash was going on as they released within a week of each other, but most people didn't care, because it's Need for Speed and no one was interested in that game.  It just merged into what was going on with Battlefront 2, because that was a game people actually wanted lol
Can't argue with that.

I skipped the reboot because it had no pause.  They brought back pause, but replaced it with lootboxes.  I used to love the NFS franchise. Shame.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 03:55:29 pm »
The thing people don't realize is that before Battlefront 2, EA had already implemented this with NFS:Payback.  You couldn't upgrade your car without lootboxes.  Nobody batted an eye until you had Darth Vader locked behind a paywall.  EA took it a step too far with Battlefront 2 in the public's eye.  I think they had taken it too far when the lootboxes exceeded past cosmetic upgrades.

Tons of people noticed, it happened as the Battlefront 2 backlash was going on as they released within a week of each other, but most people didn't care, because it's Need for Speed and no one was interested in that game.  It just merged into what was going on with Battlefront 2, because that was a game people actually wanted lol
Can't argue with that.

I skipped the reboot because it had no pause.  They brought back pause, but replaced it with lootboxes.  I used to love the NFS franchise. Shame.

Last one I played was Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit on PC nearly 20 years ago lol

And with the recent Direct, I do have another game I'm interested in grabbing, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition.  Loved it on Wii U, forced myself to play the new story on 3DS, and it would be nice to have it all compiled on a proper console with all the content and the few new features they worked in, like character swapping mid battle.  Wonder if it'll have any increased performance...Ran fine on Wii U, but there was some mild slow down when it got heavy with enemies.  Also mildly interested in Mario Tennis Ace for the heck of it, but I probably won't buy it anywhere near release.

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 04:07:30 pm »
Also mildly interested in Mario Tennis Ace for the heck of it, but I probably won't buy it anywhere near release.
I literally just bought the Wii U Tennis game because Target had it for $12.

The Mario Sports games are actually pretty damned fun.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 04:14:21 pm »
Also mildly interested in Mario Tennis Ace for the heck of it, but I probably won't buy it anywhere near release.
I literally just bought the Wii U Tennis game because Target had it for $12.

The Mario Sports games are actually pretty damned fun.

I really only like very arcadey sports games and the last Mario one was so barebones and uninteresting, I figure with this having an actual style to it and a story mode, I'd be more inclined to pick up my first Tennis game since Mario Tennis on N64 lol

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2018, 07:56:25 pm »
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Dreams
Days Gone
Detective Pikachu
Kirby Star Allies
Fe

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 08:42:01 am »
Newly announced:

Dark Souls Remaster on the Switch.  Portable Souls?  Sign.  Me.  Up.