Author Topic: Alleged January Nintendo Direct.  (Read 3484 times)

soera

Re: Alleged January Nintendo Direct.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:38 am »
Direct is up

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

Ys 8... is Nintendo cool now Soera?

LMAO, its a start. Im glad to see Ys VIII getting more publication. It really is a super game and hope that everyone plays it! Now ... where is that Bravely sequel announcement so that I can have a reason to buy this system? :)

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 10:23:15 am »
Well that was a giant tease. Nintendo gets off trolling it's fans. I sincerely hope there is another ACTUAL Nintendo Direct soon, as in the next week, or else I'm going to be pissed. I love Nintendo's games, but I absolutely hate them as a company.

arkaneer

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 10:31:06 am »
I hope the Mario Tennis game is decent  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:40:26 am by arkaneer »

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 10:39:00 am »
Well that was a giant tease. Nintendo gets off trolling it's fans. I sincerely hope there is another ACTUAL Nintendo Direct soon, as in the next week, or else I'm going to be pissed. I love Nintendo's games, but I absolutely hate them as a company.
I mean... it was an actual direct.  Plenty of announcements and such.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 11:26:25 am »
Meh... I'm really uninterested in most of this.  The one that would tickle my fancy the most is Donkey Kong and I already have it on WiiU and 3DS.  The other stuff is just that, stuff. 

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 12:52:40 pm »

It was a mini-direct and it was sub par in quality.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 01:10:34 pm »

It was a mini-direct and it was sub par in quality.
I disagree.  Maybe you're just sour because of the hype the internet made of it.

It was a no-frills all content direct.  Non of that direct shenanigans, and no wasting time on 3-5 minute demos.  I appreciated them getting down and direct to the point.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 01:32:07 pm »
The direct was fine for what it was, people just over-hyped it based on leaks and rumors, and Nintendo didn't help anything with their trolling.  We are bound to get something else in probably like March, like it makes sense to have one on the first anniversary, and then we'll get more with E3, this was mostly just set up for the next few months.

Not that the direct wowed me, but I'm at least glad to see Hyrule Warriors getting a remaster as I was honestly expecting it to show up.  The only downside is that I was hoping they were gonna add in a Breath of the Wild chapter, but sadly not.  Oh well, I've been wanting to replay it and to get it with the 3DS content is great as I didn't play that version much outside of running through the story mode, because I don't like to play on handhelds.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:35:26 pm by kamikazekeeg »

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 03:48:36 pm »
I've only watched one of the trailers and saw the headlines, but I'm thankful they didn't spend 20 minutes on nothing like they did with the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 mechanics like they did for that other direct.

I'm hyped for TWEWY. Didn't think that would ever make it over since it's really designed around the 2-screen aspect. Curious how it'll translate over. Makes me hopeful about other DS/3DS items being available for the Switch.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 03:54:55 pm »
I'm hyped for TWEWY. Didn't think that would ever make it over since it's really designed around the 2-screen aspect. Curious how it'll translate over. Makes me hopeful about other DS/3DS items being available for the Switch.
It's a port of the iOS/Android version I believe.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 03:09:32 am »
It's a port of the iOS/Android version I believe.

Ugh, I hope not, though it explains how they've adjusted the gameplay for a single screen. I'll keep an eye on it. The dual screen action created a great frenzy that might be lost on one screen (especially if they still have the second character controlled by AI only).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 03:57:28 pm »
And something I saw pointed out on Reddit, but when Nintendo usually does these Mini Directs, there's usually a proper one that'll do within a few weeks afterwards, so possibly another Direct by the end of the month.  They could delay that though and go with the idea I had and do something for the Switch anniversary.  This was just something small to get people interested in games over the next months and then we'll get one with likely bigger games coming up for later on like Fire Emblem and more.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 12:23:12 am »
A lot of folks speculated that it would be tomorrow.  Gamestop tweeted that it starts in about 30 minutes.  I figured I'd make a thread.

I'll update the thread with any info if there is any.

- Scribblenauts Showdown (NS)

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

The World Ends with You Remixed - 2018
New Battle Pokemon in Pokken Tournament... Aegislash + Mimikyu and Mega Rayquaza, Blastoise + Mew and Celebi.  2 waves. - Wave 1 January 31st.  Wave 2 March 23rd.
Kirby Star Allies - March 16
Hyrule Warriors DX - Spring 2018
Mario Tennis Aces - Spring 2018
Ys VIII - Summer 2018
Free Odyssey update - February 2018
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - Summer 2018
ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighter 2 - Launches Today
Mario + Rabbids new character... Donkey Kong - Spring 2018
Payday 2 exclusive character... Joy... inspired by Wrench in Watchdogs 2 it appears - February 27th
Fe - February 16th
Celeste - January 25th
DKC Tropical Freeze DX - May 4th
Dark Souls Remastered - May 25th

Kirby star allies looks so amazing.  I'm not sure how I feel about the endless line of remasters though.  While I love those games.  I own them already and i'm so tired from remasters.  I do see myself getting hyrule though :).   

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:33 am »
Agree with what others have said - the Direct showcased a lot of games I already own and have played. I don't need to really buy them again.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Warmsignal

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 12:04:26 pm »
Agree with what others have said - the Direct showcased a lot of games I already own and have played. I don't need to really buy them again.

But they "remastered" them in beautiful HD, even though they were all in HD to begin with! You need the remaster. I can't wait for Super Mario Odyssey to be remastered, it was so old-hat and ugly when it came out like a whole month ago! Ancient history, a complete re-mastery is long over-due. It'll probably be announced in the main Direct.

Okay, now that all of that sarcasm is out of my system... This is why modern gaming disinterests me. Rehash, rehash, rehash.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:07:31 pm by Warmsignal »