Author Topic: February 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 4064 times)

tripredacus

Re: February 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 12:44:34 pm »
Hit the big Four Oh Oh on Sega Genesis [NA] with these:

Master set never ends if I keep finding those variations!

aliensstudios

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 06:37:21 pm »

Nice pickups!
400? Good grief that's a lot. How many for the complete set?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 09:56:14 am »

Nice pickups!
400? Good grief that's a lot. How many for the complete set?

I don't know, because I am going for a master set including variations. There are 700 some US games IIRC, but obviously I have some duplicate games due to variations.

doafan

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 11:49:26 am »
Have purchased at the begining of this month my third copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf so am finally the Major of my own town, started playing this title at the 3DS of my wife where I used to help to get more money, stuff and favors to the neighbors, then my daughter asked for a copy of this title and again I helped her but when they started to went to the island to play the mini games and after I saw that they did have so much fun there decided that three is better than two so this is the reason why I have three games of the same franchise, so if anyone wants to come to Gotham please let me know also have purchased recently my digital copy of Kirby's Blowout Blast and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »
My February pick-ups. So happy to finally add a Famicom Disk System and a PC Engine to my collection!
Anyone got some recommendations for good English friendly Disk System games? I got a few already but need to research the games for the system some more.

aliensstudios

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »
My February pick-ups. So happy to finally add a Famicom Disk System and a PC Engine to my collection!
Anyone got some recommendations for good English friendly Disk System games? I got a few already but need to research the games for the system some more.

Nice! I just added a region free Core Grafx PC Engine to my collection as well. Solid game pickups too!

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 09:59:49 pm »

Nice! I just added a region free Core Grafx PC Engine to my collection as well. Solid game pickups too!

Awesome, it's a great system, and very cool that you got a hold of a region free one :)

aliensstudios

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:21 am »

Awesome, it's a great system, and very cool that you got a hold of a region free one :)
Heck, it was a lot cheaper than buying just a vanilla Turbo Grafx 16 console.
Very jealous of the Famicom Disc system Metroid, cover is simply badass.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 03:33:09 pm »
Haven't really been doing the pickup thing as of late.

Got a few pre-orders in.

PS4:
Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition
Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st]

Switch:
Wonder Boy: Dragons Trap

And an Attack from Mars Limited Edition Pinball Remake. Number 21 of 1,000 (eat your heart out Limited Run Games)

Pictures only do it so much justice so I made a video of the arrival, unboxing, first play, and first time beating it.
https://youtu.be/ueAyu86Nar0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:34:55 pm by dashv »

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2018, 04:29:44 pm »
Only went to a few Goodwills this week :(
In the Groove PS2 cib 1$
NCAA Football 08 PS2 cib 1$
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess GCN cib 1.99$
MLB 2k12 Xbox 360 cib 1$
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves PS3 cib 1$
Pokemon Stadium Strategy Guide 1$

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 08:22:54 am »
Hahaha, that Xena PS2 game, I've actually played that even though it never released in NTSC, it's so bad, SOOOOOOO bad.

theflea

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 12:40:35 pm »
Been a slow month for pick ups but then in the last couple weeks BOOM...

PS4
A game I knew I had to buy the second I heard Gamestop was having a physical release.
- Secret of Mana
Also found this on clearance for only $3.
- Final Fantasy XIV Online: Heavensward

XBone
I picked up this and have been playing it ever sense.
- Monster Hunter World - Collector's Edition

3DS
- Radiant History: Perfect Chronology - Launch Edition

Wii
Hunted down more rarer Wii games, even two that are Mexico only releases.
- Titanic Mystery
- Luchalibre AAA: Heroes Del Ring
- Atrevete A Sonar (with Microphone)

NDS
- Margot's World Brain (99c at my local used game store)  :P
- Dragonology
- Touch the Dead
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
- Theresia

XB
Saw this at my local used game store for $10 and used a coupon and get it for free.  ;)
- Def Jam: Fight for NY

PS2
Found a few PS2 games I was missing for $3 each.
- Burnout: Dominator
- Finny the Fish & the Seven Waters

VIS
A fellow VGCollector contacted me and offered me Memorex VIS game he found at a thrift shop. Sure I need more for one of the worst game consoles ever made. lol  Thanks Topspot
- My Paint

SNES
I stopped at my local used game store and saw a huge stack of SNES games behind the counter. I asked about them and they told me they just got them in. I asked to see them and he gives me the long tape of price tags that they where just about to put on them. (the tags have the games name on them) I look through the names and see many classics, SMW, DKC, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc.. Then at the very bottom I read a game and it was priced at $119. I told them I wanted to see that game and it was in great shape. I had to buy it.
- E.V.O. Search for Eden

GB
A retro Atlus game for sale for $5? lol
- Cosmotank
Also saw this, while the game is nothing special and probably not playable unless you read Japanese it's goofy looking cart is want sold me.
- Tamagotchi: Osutchi & Mesutchi

GEN
My local used game store got in a box full of CIB Genesis games. I picked out a few I needed.
- Pro Moves Soccer
- Sesame Street: Counting Cafe
- Rampart

INTV
A seller online was selling this and I haggled and got if for under the going value.
- Scooby-Doo's Maze Craze

Atari 2600
My local Used game store got in an Atari 2600 lot and some rare games where in the bunch. They let me buy just the box and I found one game I was missing. A rare game that I had to buy. Its rare I find an Atari game I'm missing in the wild.
- Stronghold

And last something I've been looking for a long time and I finally find one at a good price. I originally saw it listed on Craigslist for $1200, then a week later He reduced it to $1000, another week later it was $800. I decided to pounce. I asked if he would take $600, He came back with No that he might go $700. I was thinking about pulling the trigger when he emailed me again and said He'd take $600 but I had to pick it up the next morning. So I told him yes I would.  ;D
I picked up a Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail Table Arcade, It even included an extra board attachment to play fast versions and a few hacked games. It's in awesome shape.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:07:28 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 09:55:48 am »
There is an American Legion in Salamanca NY that has had a Ms Pac-Man cocktail game since the 80s. I last was there a few years ago and it was still there and still worked. Alas, I am much bigger now than I was when I was a little kid, so it is not comfortable for me to play on it.

Here is the weekend thrifting results. Corel Draw and Army Builder are not games. The Sims 2 is from India and Beyond Divinity is from UK (as you see Xplosiv) so it was weird to see these at the thrift.

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2018, 08:57:01 pm »
Hahaha, that Xena PS2 game, I've actually played that even though it never released in NTSC, it's so bad, SOOOOOOO bad.
Heh, I believe you :)
Got it for a couple of bucks sealed so I thought, what the hell, why not? :)

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2018, 09:06:02 pm »